Windows 10: Can't not open "moved" or "copied" files from windows 10 "Downloads" folder folder type:...

Discus and support Can't not open "moved" or "copied" files from windows 10 "Downloads" folder folder type:... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! Windows 10 can't opening excel, pdf, doc files when I move files from system folder "downloads" to another location. Message Error on excel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kaleem Kaloi, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Can't not open "moved" or "copied" files from windows 10 "Downloads" folder folder type:...

Hello!

Windows 10 can't opening excel, pdf, doc files when I move files from system folder "downloads" to another location. Message Error on excel files "We couldn't open that file. Rename the file to use a shorter name or copy it to a different folder with a shorter path" and Message error on pdf files "The directory name is invalid"

Please help

Regards

Kaleem Kaloi

:)

Kaleem Kaloi, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 22, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Can't not open "moved" or "copied" files from windows 10 "Downloads" folder folder type:...

Removing Windows.old folder

I recently had to reinstall my OS (don't ask). Once I did there were files that I couldn't delete. Basically SecuROM files. Anyway long story short I found this workaround that I wanted to share with my fellow newbs. This will work for any file and works like a charm. Just follow the directions. *Toast :toast:
    Note: there is no space between "Administrators: (F)" I just had to but one in because it kept giving me an "unhappy face"

When installing Windows Vista, Windows stores any existing installation of Windows on the install partition inside a hidden folder called windows.old. This folder could take up a large amount of disk space.

Note: Please check the contents of the windows.old folder before deleting it to make sure there are no files stored there that you may wish to keep.

Deleting the window.old folder using the disk cleanup wizard
    Click start
    Type: disk cleanup
    Press enter
    Select "Files from all users on this computer"
    Follow the rest of the instructions listed on the wizard and select the option to delete the windows.old folder
    Deleting the windows.old folder manually
    1) Open an elevated command prompt

Click start
    Type: cmd
    right-click it under programs
    click Run As Administrator
    2) Take ownership

Change the directory to the windows.old folder (e.g. cd c:\windows.old)
    Type: takeown /F . /A /R /D Y > NUL
    3) grant yourself permission

Type: icacls . /grant:r Administrators: (F) /T /L /Q
    4) Delete everything

Make sure you close any explorer or command windows that are looking at or inside the windows.old folder (except for the command window you are using). If you don't, you will receive an error while performing this step.

Type: cd ..
    Type: rmdir /S /Q windows.old

TheMailMan78, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't not open "moved" or "copied" files from windows 10 "Downloads" folder folder type:...

1. Can't not open "moved" or "copied" files from windows 10 "Downloads" folder folder type:... - Similar Threads - Can't open moved

2. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]: Hi everyone,The o/s is W10 Pro with two account, the "main" one has always been admin standard and has never caused problems.The "secondary" is "user" and the one causing problems: I can no longer copy/move files in folder or from folder to folder. The desktop screen flashes...
  3. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]: Hi everyone,The o/s is W10 Pro with two account, the "main" one has always been admin standard and has never caused problems.The "secondary" is "user" and the one causing problems: I can no longer copy/move files in folder or from folder to folder. The desktop screen flashes...
  4. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive: I have my Downloads folder in my SSD but I wan't to move it to a custom folder in my hard drive but when i do, i get this message: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-downloads-folder-to-folder-in-hard-drive/949fe106-307d-4f90-9eb6-65281aa45fdb
  6. Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive: I have my Downloads folder in my SSD but I wan't to move it to a custom folder in my hard drive but when i do, i get this message: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-downloads-folder-to-folder-in-hard-drive/949fe106-307d-4f90-9eb6-65281aa45fdb
  7. Adobe Files moved from download folder to another folder cannot open

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe Files moved from download folder to another folder cannot open: Hi Everyone, I have a problem with Adobe Files moved from the download folder to another folder on C drive then cannot be opened and become corrupted. 1 - Sometimes the pdf file does not save file extension *.pdf in new folder & requires "open with" Adobe acrobat. 2 -...
  8. File Explorer can't open Downloads folder

File Explorer can't open Downloads folder: New laptop, latest Windows 10. If I try to view the Downloads folder from either Quick Access or directly under This PC, all I get is 'working on it'. Go to C;/users/../Downloads - no problem. Why?...
  9. Moving/Copying files and folders in Windows 10

Moving/Copying files and folders in Windows 10: I have just lost a folder of files that I meant to copy from one location to another location on the same drive. I meant to copy the files, but instead I moved them. Realizing my mistake, I used the "Undo" function and now the files/folders have completely disappeared ......
  10. Problems Copying a file from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems Copying a file from Downloads folder?: .exe files in particular won't copy from my Downloads folder to another drive? It says something like " Do you wish to Copy with missing files? " Thanks 49175