Windows 10: can't not see the map network drive in computer

Discus and support can't not see the map network drive in computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the problem with network drive appearing in the computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by baozhuhuang, Nov 29, 2018.

1. can't not see the map network drive in computer

I have the problem with network drive appearing in the computer.

:)

baozhuhuang, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Try3 Win User

The mapped name of a folder is stuck

I have never had to do anything else to remove an old network drive mapping. [The mapped drives I have are all listed even though they are not currently connected].

If I understand the situation correctly -
    • You have mapped \\TOWER\0 SYNCHRONIZ and that is confirmed by HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Network
    • But File explorer insists that you have mapped to a [removable?] drive you have called 0 SYN that is connected to the network computer called T instead
    1 Does HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Network contain an entry for 0 SYN or \\T at all?
    2 Does HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Portable Devices\Devices contain 0 SYN as a 'FriendlyName' entry?
    3 Can 0 SYN be found in your Registry elsewhere [such as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Shares]?

Denis

3. Copying or moving files to and from a mapped network drive fails in Windows 10 Home

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about sharing files on network drive.

Kindly let us know if your device is connected to domain network.

If not connected I suggest you to try the below:

Make sure Network discovery is turned on and both the computer is in same home group. Steps to follow:

• Open Control Panel window
    • Select Network and Sharing Center
    • Select Change advanced sharing settings
    • Under Network Discovery, select Turn On network discovery

Also refer to Microsoft article about: Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 29, 2018
  4. rboppy Win User

can't not see the map network drive in computer

Windows updated - Map network drive can't find my computer

Got the new update (Build 16299.192), went to map a folder on my computer and Browse for Folder did not list my computer or the Ubuntu computer, only my wife's is listed. The mapped drives I already have work just fine but if I want to add another folder and they are not showing up.

rboppy, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

can't not see the map network drive in computer

1. can't not see the map network drive in computer - Similar Threads - can't map network

2. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map Drive not showing on network computers.: Hi,I'm trying to add a mapped drive on a pc that we are using as a basic file server. The pc already has shared folders which are accessible from all pc's without issue. The only reason we require the mapped drive is that one item of software is having issues without...
  3. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map Drive not showing on network computers.: Hi,I'm trying to add a mapped drive on a pc that we are using as a basic file server. The pc already has shared folders which are accessible from all pc's without issue. The only reason we require the mapped drive is that one item of software is having issues without...
  4. Can't connect to mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to mapped network drive: Can't log into drive on another compter because it changed the user email to a different email with a name to an unkown PC that kind of has the correct name but the username on the other computer does not exist with all the junk in the email. When I remote into the other...
  5. Can't connect to mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to mapped network drive: Can't log into drive on another compter because it changed the user email to a different email with a name to an unkown PC that kind of has the correct name but the username on the other computer does not exist with all the junk in the email. When I remote into the other...
  6. Can't connect to mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't map a network drive

Can't map a network drive: I'm having issues mapping a network drive on a computer only with a certain user. If I log on as another user it works fine. Both profiles have admin privileges. I've never seen this happen before...
  8. Can't Map a Network Drive

Can't Map a Network Drive: I have followed instructions on setting up a network drive but I am not able to select a folder. I have network and file sharing turned on. Windows version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900) [img] 159363
  9. Can't see mapped drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't see mapped drives: I'm not too sure how to describe my problem so I'll put as many details as I can. I'm using FreeNAS for sharing SMB shares. SMB3_11 is enabled. I'm not sure how to check if Windows is using 3_11 but I'm assuming it is. On my Windows 10 machine, I've mounted several SMB...
  10. Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive

Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive: Hello! I've got two Windows 10(home) machines on the same LAN at my house. The NAS machine has a large HDD which I'd like to use a part of to relocate my Google Drive folder to(50GB!). Anyway, I have sharing turned on for the folder on the NAS machine, but that machine does...