Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere

Discus and support Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I try to open a COmmand Prompt via shortcut on task=bar cmd.exe from Run Command Prompt from Start menu I get this: [img] 10950 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

When I try to open a COmmand Prompt via

shortcut on task=bar
    cmd.exe from Run
    Command Prompt from Start menu

I get this:

Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere [​IMG]

:)

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  2. KenLowe Win User

Microsoft Edge missing

How did you solve it? I can't finds Edge anywhere, but if I run the command prompt as administrator it pops up with the tabs I was using, but I can't find it again if I open, for example, IE. I can find not trace of the program and the window is gone!

KenLowe, Jul 30, 2015
  3. jerusm---01 Win User
    Update Ovi store 2.04 N8 does not work

Do you mean they pulled the update from the servers? Because I was wondering why I can't find it anywhere... I'm not getting prompted to update at all. Also I can't get the Social 1.3 update either...

jerusm---01, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Not Myself Win User

Windows Key + x should give you a menu with multiple entries, including Command Prompt and Command Prompt (Admin).

Not Myself, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Still didn't work.

Booted to Safe Mode and ran

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

All ran clean, no errors. Booted normally and Commadn Prompt is working fine again.

No idea what happened.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere - Similar Threads - Can't open Commabnd

2. Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...: Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to do it but I'm the admin. My laptop has only one user account and it´s the administrator, and I´ve installed whatsapp using this account, so I don't understand why I don't have the...
  3. As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me...

in Windows 10 Customization
    As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me...: The game Garry's Mod has a very low default resolution of 600 x 400, as it's fairly old. This should be no big deal -- I could just change the resolution to native once I'm in the game. However, as soon as I launch it or switch Windows, a notification pops up telling me that...
  4. genuine or scam message posing from Microsoft to cleanup my computer of viruses and...

genuine or scam message posing from Microsoft to cleanup my computer of viruses and...: This screen popped up on my Desktop running Windows 10 with a message from Microsoft Edge to clean up my computer of viruses and phishing software with instructions "Not to turn off the computer otherwise data will be lost, and security compromised." I called the Help...
  5. I can't get the microsoft malicious software removal toot to run a scan.

I can't get the microsoft malicious software removal toot to run a scan.: I can't get the microsoft malicious software removal toot to run a scan. It's always worked before. I ran an updated Avast antivirus scan and Malware bytes scan: they didn't find any viruses or malware. Can someone help me?...
  6. How can I open an .obj file in Blender

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I open an .obj file in Blender: I have unintentionally set up opening .obj file by Microsoft Paint as default, but I want to use Blender for this purpose. How can I change it back so I could import the file in Blender on win7...
  7. Opening .txt attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening .txt attachments: I received an attachment in my email that is a .txt and I can not open it. What do I need to do open it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/opening-txt-attachments/f20c1cda-38bf-4607-b7ec-2d179d6cf037
  8. windows menu and emails not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows menu and emails not opening: Hi there my windows menu will not open even if i click the windows key, my emails and windows store are also not opening... i have ran powershell but nothing seemed to be wrong...
  9. Settings app won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings app won't open: every time i try to open the settings app it shows that the app is open but it's just invisible its like the app isn't open and i cant do anything in it...
  10. Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on

Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on: I cannot turn on my windows defender real time protection, it is grey and cannot be turned on, before it said an organization was blocking your from turning on real time protection but i restarted my computer and when it turns on it says repairing and scanning drive then a...