Windows 10: Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere

Discus and support Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I try to open a COmmand Prompt via shortcut on task=bar cmd.exe from Run Command Prompt from Start menu I get this: [img] 10950 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere

When I try to open a COmmand Prompt via

shortcut on task=bar
    cmd.exe from Run
    Command Prompt from Start menu

I get this:

Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere [​IMG]

:)

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  2. KenLowe Win User

Microsoft Edge missing

How did you solve it? I can't finds Edge anywhere, but if I run the command prompt as administrator it pops up with the tabs I was using, but I can't find it again if I open, for example, IE. I can find not trace of the program and the window is gone!

KenLowe, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Update Ovi store 2.04 N8 does not work

Do you mean they pulled the update from the servers? Because I was wondering why I can't find it anywhere... I'm not getting prompted to update at all. Also I can't get the Social 1.3 update either...

jerusm---01, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere

Windows Key + x should give you a menu with multiple entries, including Command Prompt and Command Prompt (Admin).

Not Myself, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Still didn't work.

Booted to Safe Mode and ran

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

All ran clean, no errors. Booted normally and Commadn Prompt is working fine again.

No idea what happened.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere

1. Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere - Similar Threads - Can't open Commabnd

2. Command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt not opening: Hi, I recently installed a windows 10 update and noe cmd.exe does not work. I hvae tried many different methods to open it but all that happens is a small window flashes up ont he screen for a split second then dissapears. any ideas? s8on...
  3. Command Prompt not opening. Clicking on Command Prompt opens the default folder location in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt not opening. Clicking on Command Prompt opens the default folder location in...: Hi, I'm using windows 10. I have no idea why my command prompt is not launching properly and is instead opening up the default folder in File Explorer i.e. File Explorer is opening up in the command prompt default start up folder. Please help. FYI. I recently downloaded...
  4. Command Prompt Not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Not Opening: Recently attempting to open Command prompt, ordinary or as administrator, it flashes for perhaps 2 seconds and then disappears. I tried the following commands sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth But none of these seem to work, I'm wondering if there...
  5. Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?: I have read everything I can find on Error messages regarding looping of Preparing to Repair. I can not open my computer to Windows...it never loads. I started experiencing problems a while ago. Finally, I would be able to get on line, but only for about a minute before it...
  6. Can't Open Windows From Tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Open Windows From Tray: I have been using Windows 10 for some time now and have been getting updates as part of the insider program. On the 14th I found I could not open windows functions and others have been removed. I can not open my windows button with a left click and now have to use the right...
  7. HELP! I can't find a fix for this anywhere..

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP! I can't find a fix for this anywhere..: hello, I got myself into twinUI mode, I do not know how to get out of it! Currently, all the default apps from windows are: "twinui" on my windows (image1 below). image 1 [img] Everything was normal an hour ago, but then I was searching for "fixing the...
  8. Open Windows Prompt here

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Windows Prompt here: Wait Wait...... it's possibly to remove the SHIFT button to be appears the "Open Windows Prompt here" for a folder like on Windows 7 ? On sevenforum the trick it's here: Open Command Window Here - Add or Remove Shift + Right Click - Windows 7 Help Forums I don't know...
  9. Can't create a new "anything" anywhere

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create a new "anything" anywhere: I was trying to create a new folder in one of my file folders by pressing the button up top. I even tried using the "New Items" dropdown to try and create a bitmap image or Notepad document, but nothing happens. I tried right-clicking for those and the "New..." submenu option...
  10. Can't get a login prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get a login prompt: On my other computer I misunderstood some troubleshooting instructions and selected "diagnostic startup" in msconfig. When I rebooted I found that I could no longer get the prompt to enter my PIN or password, meaning that I can no longer log in. All I see is my name and,...