Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere

Discus and support Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; When I try to open a COmmand Prompt via shortcut on task=bar cmd.exe from Run Command Prompt from Start menu I get this: [img] 10950 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

When I try to open a COmmand Prompt via

shortcut on task=bar
    cmd.exe from Run
    Command Prompt from Start menu

I get this:

[​IMG]

:)

Ztruker, Jul 31, 2015
  2. KenLowe Win User

Microsoft Edge missing

How did you solve it? I can't finds Edge anywhere, but if I run the command prompt as administrator it pops up with the tabs I was using, but I can't find it again if I open, for example, IE. I can find not trace of the program and the window is gone!

KenLowe, Jul 31, 2015
  3. jerusm---01 Win User
    Update Ovi store 2.04 N8 does not work

Do you mean they pulled the update from the servers? Because I was wondering why I can't find it anywhere... I'm not getting prompted to update at all. Also I can't get the Social 1.3 update either...

jerusm---01, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Not Myself Win User

Windows Key + x should give you a menu with multiple entries, including Command Prompt and Command Prompt (Admin).

Not Myself, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Still didn't work.

Booted to Safe Mode and ran

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

All ran clean, no errors. Booted normally and Commadn Prompt is working fine again.

No idea what happened.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere - Similar Threads - Can't open Commabnd

1. WinUpdate - now can't open or use new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WinUpdate - now can't open or use new laptop: Overnight MS sent an Update. When I turn on the laptop, and after a wait, the screen shows options ''to make it easier to use'' . One selects by using the space bar. I have tried every combination that I can imagine (and each time it goes back to the original screen to...
  2. Can't open links from my synced phone notifications in Win 10 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open links from my synced phone notifications in Win 10 1803: Ok..... So Cortana syncing my phone notifications is kinda cool. But what's the point of having say a text message synced when you can't open the web link that the sender sent you? Oh wait, you have to go do that on your phone. So why bother with the notifications when they...
  3. Can't open pictures in MSpaint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open pictures in MSpaint: I've been messing around with the registry (lol,don't groan) and when i right click a picture then choose 'edit' from the context menu it opens paint but not the picture in paint. Does anyone have an idea what i may have done wrong. 109949
  4. Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder: My wife and I have administrator accounts on the same computer. I recently scanned a document and saved the scan in the Public Documents folder ( I have public folder sharing turned on). I can open the scanned document without a problem but when my wife tries to open it she...
  5. Windows DVD Player associated with .IFO files but can't open them

Windows DVD Player associated with .IFO files but can't open them: Here is the issue: Go to an IFO file on the HDD and try to open it - catastrophic error Insert a DVD and auto run with no action. Try to run the IFO file - catastrophic error. Cancel error and can run DVD from the control bar. Have not been able to remove option to "open...
  6. This app can't open

This app can't open: Thanks Ed, I tried first tip, but could not make it. So I will try next step.
  7. The action can't be completed.. open in another program

in Windows 10 Support
    The action can't be completed.. open in another program: I see. LockHunter doesn't work on individual files in the Recycle Bin. So try this: [img]