Windows 10: Cant open a .exe

Discus and support Cant open a .exe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nazzakk, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Nazzakk Win User

Cant open a .exe

Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web but i found nothing, so this is my last chance.

:)

Nazzakk, Sep 6, 2022

2. Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Sep 6, 2022
  3. Exe's won't open

Hi Logan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that you are getting a pop up stating "You'll need a new app to open this file" when trying to run an exe file.
    I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please provide us the following information, to assist you further.

• Let us know the exe file type that you are trying to run?

• What is the size of the exe file ?
    Please reply with the above information and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Sep 6, 2022
  4. Cant open a .exe

can't open .exe files windows 10

Nothing happens after i I click on any .exe file

VijayNishad, Sep 6, 2022
Thema:

Cant open a .exe

1. Cant open a .exe - Similar Threads - Cant open exe

2. I cant open .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open .exe files: hello, My issue i am having is that no matter what i cannot open .exe files. or more lie files specifically from github or so i know of. I have tried a number of "solutions".1. Check for MalwareMalware or viruses can sometimes cause .exe files not to run. Running a full...
  3. I cant open .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant open .exe files: hello, My issue i am having is that no matter what i cannot open .exe files. or more lie files specifically from github or so i know of. I have tried a number of "solutions".1. Check for MalwareMalware or viruses can sometimes cause .exe files not to run. Running a full...
  4. Cant open exe apps from usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open exe apps from usb drive: Please help with this error I checked very video and everything Microsoft had but it did not workWhen i plug it in to my router the exe open and works any help...
  5. Cant open exe apps from usb drive

Cant open exe apps from usb drive: Please help with this error I checked very video and everything Microsoft had but it did not workWhen i plug it in to my router the exe open and works any help...
  6. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open a .exe: Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web...
  7. Cant open a .exe

Cant open a .exe: Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web...
  8. My Winows cant open some exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Winows cant open some exe files: Hello there, I recently bought a new pc and I have a problem. When i want to open a exe file, which I downloaded from the internet, nothing happens or a error comes up. Please help me....
  9. I cant open any EXE files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant open any EXE files: Windows 10 laptop, When I got this I was able to open EXE files but now I'm not sure why it has not been working and it says "Windows cannot find 'Supposed File' . Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again" (Also I'm not very computer wise so, sorry)...
  10. Cant open some .exe files

Cant open some .exe files: I cannot open some .exe files in my desktop, even if i try open it in her folder, strange some apps open and some dont. The pop up says: "Windows cannot find "C: .exe" Make sure the name was typed correctly" [img] [img] 80284