Windows 10: Can't open a file

Discus and support Can't open a file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! My problem is that the file does not open gives an error. What i need to do? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Officialerkki, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Can't open a file

Hello! My problem is that the file does not open gives an error. What i need to do?
    Can't open a file 167ae9dd-9acc-41a5-a275-c1425a3e759d?upload=true.png

:)

Officialerkki, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 4, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Can't open a file :)

jaydeee, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Can't open a file

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Can't open a file

1. Can't open a file - Similar Threads - Can't open file

2. Can't open Zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open Zip files: All of the sudden, I am not able to download and open a zip file. I had to install 7-Zip to get folders open. The zip file is coming from a secure server and never had any issues before. The zip file is part of a software program that shares projects that are built withing...
  3. Can't open files

Can't open files: I am having trouble opening any pdf or Microsoft files word, excel, powerpoint, etc. on my computer. I keep getting the a message that window cannot find the file. But if it's a video or photo or an internet app, it opens and works just fine. I've shutdown the computer...
  4. can't open bin files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't open bin files: I can't open Nikon camera firmware update bin files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-files/97081b44-35ad-44da-8c4b-5d6739cfad9f
  5. Can't open file

Can't open file: I have a file that I opened yesterday and worked on. Today I can't open it. When I try through Word, I get the message Word cannot open the file because the file format does not match the file extension. The file is saved as a .docx file. I've tried opening it as a .doc file...
  6. can't open png files

can't open png files: Hello! I've got a problem when opening png files. when I open it says "It looks like we don't support this file format" please help, I try all in internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-png-files/14eca5fd-8a4b-4d96-8670-7435e9159b65"
  7. Can't open file

Can't open file: I made a video when i was on Windows 7, now i am on Windows 10 but i cannot open or play that video due to .VOB on it. How can i get rid of VOB and what can i use to open and play my home video?...
  8. Can't open .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open .exe files: I have Windows 10 home and can't open some files. The application exe does not appear but it appears in the task manager in back ground proccesses and it really annoys me because it can't play some games and run some software hopefully someone can help me...
  9. can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't run install file ' these files can't be opened': getting error message when trying to run an .exe file these files can't be opened... your internet net security settings prevented one or more files being opened .. i turned off off windows defender thinking this to be the culprit ( using ten forum registry script )...
  10. Can't open "recovered" files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open "recovered" files: Dear all I have an HP laptop15-F009VM that shipped with Windows 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 i Recover my usb drive most of files can not be open Text Document ( unknown format can not read it) …Lb ´Ý62MÍ Æ÷áC’Ë]ê¶ÙeD{ÂÒ…É¥576!3<ZFß;Àˆs×Üîǘ”’°Ê‚ SC0 image...