Windows 10: Can't open a PDF I received in email

Discus and support Can't open a PDF I received in email in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a pdf from a friend, it shows in the message as 4.82MB. When I attempt to open it in the mail app I get "nothing to see here", doesn't matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gail114, Sep 9, 2019.

1. gail114 Win User

Can't open a PDF I received in email

I have a pdf from a friend, it shows in the message as 4.82MB. When I attempt to open it in the mail app I get "nothing to see here", doesn't matter if I'm in the msg itself or if I save it first and then try to open it.

However, it opens fine in outlook.com, in webmail from my ISP or on my ipad. It's just the $@$#$^&% mail app where it doesn't.

What a crappy product this is, nothing but issues day after day. It could be really good if Microsoft would just fix it - aren't there any gurus on staff there???

* Moved from outlook.com/messaging

* Original title: windows 10 mail app

:)

gail114, Sep 9, 2019

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Problems opening PDF in Edge

I had saved several printed several files off of the internet to pdf and have not experienced any issues until today. I tried to open a file and received the following message.

Couldn’t open PDF

Something’s keeping this PDF from opening.

• Go back to the last page
    I went to several other files that I have done this way previously and was no longer able to open them as well which is causing a serios issue. I have tried to open the file in other formats but have had no luck. Any suggestions?

MagerVarnado, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Suprmatt Win User

PDF file does not show up as downloadable in message view

I just received an email with a pdf attached. In my list of emails it shows that there is an attachment. However, when I click to open the email, there is no way to download the attachment. I was able to download the attachment by logging into my email
    from my laptop. Any suggestions?

Suprmatt, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't open a PDF I received in email - Similar Threads - Can't open PDF

2. Can't receive emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't receive emails: I am not able to receive emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-emails/3de89661-5f85-43e4-b3ae-f737a5c3be54
  3. Can't receive emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't receive emails: I am not able to receive emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-emails/3de89661-5f85-43e4-b3ae-f737a5c3be54
  4. My received email can't be open and have funny contest

My received email can't be open and have funny contest: Dear Sir/Madam,I have problem on my PC with emails received. They are either blank or consist some funny numbers but not contest. I can read them on my mobile without any problem but not on PC.Please help...
  5. Can't receive emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't receive emails: I realized that I haven't been receiving emails for the past month, nothing in my inbox and spam/junk folders. I tried sending myself an email but it says "Please make sure that you have added at least one valid email and try again." I believe my email is still valid as I'm...
  6. Can't receive emails

Can't receive emails: I realized that I haven't been receiving emails for the past month, nothing in my inbox and spam/junk folders. I tried sending myself an email but it says "Please make sure that you have added at least one valid email and try again." I believe my email is still valid as I'm...
  7. Can't open pdf email attachments

Can't open pdf email attachments: Using a Linux Debian desktop. Used to be able to open PDF email attachments in Opera and Firefox-esr browsers without downloading them. Suddenly no longer able to open this type of attachment in Opera or Firefox-esr without downloading the attachments. Also not able to...
  8. Can't receive or send emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't receive or send emails: Ever since an "Update" on August 7, 2020, I cannot receive or send emails on my Windows 10 computer with Windows Live Email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-or-send-emails/b785d8d0-8379-4d7c-908f-4e3b8832b64a
  9. Can't Receive Emails in Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Receive Emails in Outlook: Yesterday I noticed that I was able to receive emails in Outlook but they will not send. I went into my webmail account and was able to send emails from there - even to myself. When I try to send them from Outlook I receive the following error message: Task *** Email...
  10. How I want to open a PDF in email

How I want to open a PDF in email: When opening emails that have a PDF attached I click on the pdf and a pop up box asks me how I want to open this file - it asks if I want to use Microsoft edge which is fine BUT it asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME I open a pdf. I have selected the button down the bottom to say use...