Windows 10: Cant open a specific folder due to "The Parameter is incorrect" error

Discus and support Cant open a specific folder due to "The Parameter is incorrect" error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to open a game's folder in WindowsApps that I downloaded from the Xbox App via Gamepass. Error Message But I get an error only for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Exodus27, May 5, 2021.

1. Exodus27 Win User

Cant open a specific folder due to "The Parameter is incorrect" error

I'm trying to open a game's folder in WindowsApps that I downloaded from the Xbox App via Gamepass. Error Message But I get an error only for this specific folder each time I try to open it. The whole windowasapps folder is on my external hard drive btw I've tried doing a tutorial that makes a command in the registry to "Take Ownership" of a folder/file and I still couldnt open it. I've also tried deleting it via shift+del and cmd with rmdir /s /q. Upon trying that command I am presented with this. link I am at a complete loss as of what to do.

:)

Exodus27, May 5, 2021

2. unable to connect to the device due to the following error the parameter is incorrect

HTC Mozart

windows phone 7

mango 7.5

I get the following error when I open windows live photo gallery

and wish tio import photos to my PC and the following error appears

unable to connect to the device due to the following error the parameter is incorrect

Wayne Hodges, May 5, 2021
  3. JustMetis Win User
    parameter is incorrect

Thanks for the suggestion, but no Excel installed (nor any plan to). Not sure how or if that would handle all subfolders, or how long the process would take, but I don't use Excel for anything, and can't see installing a bulky Office app on the system. The
    other downside I think *may* exist, would be that I'd have to either export all the data to a file, else use Excel each time a search is required.

Looks like maybe I can use a batch job to build a list of all folders and subfolders, then independently list the files of interest within each folder into a single file. That should eliminate whatever causes the odd "parameter is incorrect" error.

Thanks again for your responses. I appreciate your time.

JustMetis, May 5, 2021
  4. Murphaldo Win User

win10 error copying file or folder - parameter is incorrect

win10 error copying file or folder - parameter is incorrect error.

Microsoft - please fix this poorly documented error.

Situation: Copying pictures and video from iPhone to Win10 laptop:

"Error copying file or folder."

"X The parameter is incorrect."

The picture below shows the error occurring when I am trying to copy 8 files.

The youtuber was incorrect - this error is random, it does not only occur when trying to copy more than one folder.

Cant open a specific folder due to "The Parameter is incorrect" error 43363b31-3990-4c53-90db-441af4bc9e0f.jpg

Murphaldo, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Cant open a specific folder due to "The Parameter is incorrect" error - Similar Threads - Cant open specific

2. Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.: Hello, I have been receiving the interrupted action notifications with some of the Four Edits files when extracting them for use in DaVinci Resolve 18. The message keeps repeating when I extract some of the files: "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If...
  3. Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.: Hello, I have been receiving the interrupted action notifications with some of the Four Edits files when extracting them for use in DaVinci Resolve 18. The message keeps repeating when I extract some of the files: "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If...
  4. ROBOCOPY - "The Parameter is incorrect." error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ROBOCOPY - "The Parameter is incorrect." error: I think there's a bug with "robocopy". I have a file, for whatever reason which has an invalid timestamp... but that I believe isn't the issue...K:\>dir IMG_3996.JPG Volume in drive K is photos Volume Serial Number is 0001-0123A Directory of K:\ 01/01/1970 10:49 AM 1,571,541...
  5. ROBOCOPY - "The Parameter is incorrect." error

ROBOCOPY - "The Parameter is incorrect." error: I think there's a bug with "robocopy". I have a file, for whatever reason which has an invalid timestamp... but that I believe isn't the issue...K:\>dir IMG_3996.JPG Volume in drive K is photos Volume Serial Number is 0001-0123A Directory of K:\ 01/01/1970 10:49 AM 1,571,541...
  6. Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect": So I've seen this problem happening with others as well and it seems to be a Permissions issue. None of the solutions on this site or others have worked. I have already tried repairing the installation with an in-place upgrade. The owner of the folder is still...
  7. Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect"

Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect": So I've seen this problem happening with others as well and it seems to be a Permissions issue. None of the solutions on this site or others have worked. I have already tried repairing the installation with an in-place upgrade. The owner of the folder is still...
  8. Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect"

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect: please tell me a solution for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80070057-the-parameter-is-incorrect/1ffd8ddb-55c2-4a76-9d34-55d132b7e429
  10. The parameter is incorrect error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The parameter is incorrect error: I started receiving the following error yesterday and not sure why or how to fix it. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_18.1910.1283.0_x64_Bw...\LocalBridge.exe The Parameter is Incorrect....