Windows 10: Cant open access control editor. the remote procedure call failed, why this error?

Discus and support Cant open access control editor. the remote procedure call failed, why this error? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am getting the error: Cant open access control editor. The remote procedure call failed. when i try to access the edit page in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SoHa2, Feb 17, 2019.

1. SoHa2 Win User

Cant open access control editor. the remote procedure call failed, why this error?

I am getting the error:

Cant open access control editor. The remote procedure call failed.

when i try to access the edit page in properties>security of a suspended svchost.exe process. It just get stuck.

Any solution!

:)

SoHa2, Feb 17, 2019

2. Cant open pictures. Remote procedure call failed

Hello community,

I have a really frustrating problem with Windows 10 N (fresh installation, no upgrade from 7) and I'd really appreciate your help!

I'm getting this error:
    Cant open access control editor. the remote procedure call failed, why this error? [​IMG]

... when I try to open any picture (jpeg, gif).

I have followed different forum topics for solutions and so far I:
    - Double checked that RPC service is running & on automatic. RPC Locator is not started & on manual
    - Previously had some issues with opencl.dll being corrupted, but following Kyhi's suggestions here:
    Error DISM restorehealth - Windows 10 Forums
    .. I managed to fix it (as you can see from the screenshot, the sfc shows no errors anymore)

In the event viewer I get these:

Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

ActivateApplicationForContractByAcidAsUserWithHost of the app Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for the Windows.File contract failed with The remote procedure call failed..

Activation of the app Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for the Windows.File contract failed with error: The remote procedure call failed..

Activation via contract helper of the app Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for the Windows.File contract failed with The remote procedure call failed..

... when I try to open a jpeg file.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Best regards,
    Marin

mdzhigarov, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Error: "The remote procedure call failed" while trying to access Windows Store on Windows 10

Hi Vishnu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Windows Store apps and installing Windows Updates on your device.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

As you receive an error: The remote procedure call failed, I suggest you to check the status of Remote Procedure Call locator service.

Step 1: Make sure the Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual. Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Remote Procedure Call locator service
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.
    Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Manual.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Update troubleshooter as it resolves
    problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on
      Control Panel
      , select Category and then select
      Large or Small icons
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all
      in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update
    • Click on Advanced, check mark
      Apply repairs automatically, and then click on Run as Administrator.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Nebroc2nd Win User

Cant open access control editor. the remote procedure call failed, why this error?

I get this error when invoking Control Panel ::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}\0 The remote procedure call failed

OS = Win10 1607, error message when invoking Control Panel ::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}\0 The remote procedure call failed.

I have found some similar errors but with same code but slightly different text.

one suggestion was to check the Remote Procedure Call status and RPC Locator. Both of these services were correct, i.e. the first set to auto the second to manual.

the next step was to run the system file checker which I did and got no errors.

there were no further steps suggested.

If there is an easy fix then that would be great as I would like to preserve the Office install as I cannot locate the license key.

many thanks

Nebroc2nd, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Cant open access control editor. the remote procedure call failed, why this error? - Similar Threads - Cant open access

2. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The remote procedure call failed: I have the following message on pc "the remote procedure call failed " that pops up when I try to log in. I restarted a few times without any success. We had a power dip & since then I am unable to log in....
  3. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The remote procedure call failed: I have the following message on pc "the remote procedure call failed " that pops up when I try to log in. I restarted a few times without any success. We had a power dip & since then I am unable to log in....
  4. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The remote procedure call failed: So I was installing rdp wrapper, restarted the pc and now after trying to login i get a message saying "The remote procedure call failed".I am unable to login however through searching i think it has to do with the service remote procedure call, i dont know if its running and...
  5. The remote procedure call failed

The remote procedure call failed: So I was installing rdp wrapper, restarted the pc and now after trying to login i get a message saying "The remote procedure call failed".I am unable to login however through searching i think it has to do with the service remote procedure call, i dont know if its running and...
  6. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Remote Procedure Call Failed

Remote Procedure Call Failed: Hi guys I tried to open my music thru Groove Music in windows10 But it shows me something like this [img] I checked my services RPC service is on [img] Any help? 52750
  8. (error) The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    (error) The remote procedure call failed: I am putting back together my HUMPY DUMPTY computer which had a great fall. I have a new windows 10 install on a new hard drive (C). I am not doing any backups from old C drive as I had so many, many, many problems with windows 10 upgrades from win 7 so I am going new. I have...
  9. Remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote procedure call failed: Towards the beginning of the year I started experiencing problems with the Start Menu. When I right clicked on some entries, I received an error 'The remote procedure call failed' (see attached image for full information). These errors occurred when selecting 'Programs and...
  10. Cant open pictures. Remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant open pictures. Remote procedure call failed: Hello community, I have a really frustrating problem with Windows 10 N (fresh installation, no upgrade from 7) and I'd really appreciate your help! I'm getting this error: [img] ... when I try to open any picture (jpeg, gif). I have followed different forum topics...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open access control

2. cant open access control editor the remote