Windows 10: Can't open action center, can't type in search bar

Discus and support Can't open action center, can't type in search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; In the past few days i'm having a problem with opening action center or type in search bar. What happens is i click on the bar or the icon, but its... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ChrisMezei, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Can't open action center, can't type in search bar

In the past few days i'm having a problem with opening action center or type in search bar. What happens is i click on the bar or the icon, but its immediately closes it self like i double click on it really fast. It's not the first time it happened, i had this problem like 2-3 months ago and tried a few thing i found online, like using powershell or command prompt but none of them worked so i ended up reinstalling windows which fixed the problem for until now.

:)

ChrisMezei, Sep 11, 2020
  2. dej3159 Win User

The Action Center

The Action Center Icon won`t open I've tried every thing I could think of any suggestions?

dej3159, Sep 11, 2020
  3. BK3366 Win User
    Help with Action Center

I've read through the thread you referred me to from above.

Step 1:

• Open the Start menu, type Turn system icons on or off in the search bar and click on Turn system icons on or off from the search bar results.

• Turn the Action center on.
    I ended up having to go in through settings to look at the above suggestion. When I typed it in the Start menu it took me to the internet. After that this popped up on me with notification. BUT, Action Center is on.

Can't open action center, can't type in search bar a57c0336-4c1f-4471-9be5-c75258c3f683.jpg

No clue on that at all. I think that's something else from me being sent to the internet while checking to see if Action Center is On or not.

I looked at the second suggestion and I've already ran two of these scans. Or I'm I reading the suggestion wrong. Do I type all of that in at once and not hit enter? Or are all of these separate scans?

Step 2:

Follow the below steps and check whether you are able to access Action center.

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

2. Click File > Run New Task.

3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.

4. Type CMD.

5. Type all the following four commands one by one at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6.Close the CMD window.

I do appreciate all of this help. Thank you.

BK3366, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Sharief K Win User

Can't open action center, can't type in search bar

Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't open action center, can't type in search bar

1. Can't open action center, can't type in search bar - Similar Threads - Can't open action

2. Can't type on Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type on Search Bar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/75tavares [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/179x1rc/cant_type_on_search_bar/
  3. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  4. Can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  5. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in search bar: I am unable to type in the search bar of either File Explorer or desktop search. I had the problem with Windows 10 and hoped that upgrading to Windows 11 would fix it. That didn't help....
  7. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in search bar: I am unable to type in the search bar of either File Explorer or desktop search. I had the problem with Windows 10 and hoped that upgrading to Windows 11 would fix it. That didn't help....
  8. Can't open settings or type anything into search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open settings or type anything into search bar: Hello! I have a HUGEEEEEE problem because i can't use the search bar or the settings menu OR THE CONTROL PANEL, which i desperately need right now and if i can it just starts flickering like i'm vigorously scrolling down, i try to scroll up but it's just bottoming out by...
  9. Can't type into search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't type into search bar: Attempting to search and can't type into the search bar. Such as I hit the keys WIN +X and select search from the menu.. I attempt to type in my search criteria and the keyboard does not function. I tried to use the tablet mode keyboard and nothing happens... This is a...
  10. Can't open my slide search bar... Can.t close Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open my slide search bar... Can.t close Action Center: I had 8.1 with the sliding search bar and settings and it will not open. it opens up with Action Center..no X to get rid of the page. I did add Cortona and wonder if she took over my slide search page. Not liking this already. Just shut Cortona off and the Action...