Windows 10: Can’t open any apps or click anything on windows?

Discus and support Can’t open any apps or click anything on windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Clicking on apps wouldn’t open them, clicking on the shutdown button wouldn’t work and manually shutting down my computer using the power button wasn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aggressive-Ebb-3577, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Can’t open any apps or click anything on windows?

Clicking on apps wouldn’t open them, clicking on the shutdown button wouldn’t work and manually shutting down my computer using the power button wasn’t working. I decided to cut off the power because there was nothing I could do except that. Well I thought that would work until I realised my pc is not switching on now

Using a desktop gaming pc

submitted by /u/Aggressive-Ebb-3577
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aggressive-Ebb-3577, Dec 18, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can’t open any apps or click anything on windows? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Can’t open any apps or click anything on windows?

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Can’t open any apps or click anything on windows?

1. Can’t open any apps or click anything on windows? - Similar Threads - Can’t open apps

2. Can’t open any apps!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open any apps!: Hello, I can’t open a single app on windows 11 apart from file explorer. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-any-apps/7a4e70a8-5d56-41c0-ab3c-737855f89d60
  3. Can’t open any apps!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t open any apps!: Hello, I can’t open a single app on windows 11 apart from file explorer. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-any-apps/7a4e70a8-5d56-41c0-ab3c-737855f89d60
  4. Can’t open anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open anything.: When I start my computer and get to the desktop menu, I can’t open any apps, I can’t open the search bar in Windows and I can’t do any commands. When I try to do anything my computer completely freezes / lags. Could this be because of broken hardware or some kind of virus?...
  5. Can’t open anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t open anything.: When I start my computer and get to the desktop menu, I can’t open any apps, I can’t open the search bar in Windows and I can’t do any commands. When I try to do anything my computer completely freezes / lags. Could this be because of broken hardware or some kind of virus?...
  6. Can’t open anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Cannot Click and Open Anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Cannot Click and Open Anything: Hi, can someone please help me?I just update my Windows. After turn it on, I cannot click or open anything, also press the short cut button like volume or brigthness sometime it works very slow. I tried several steps on internet, but it all need me to open task manager or...
  8. Windows 10 can’t open ANYTHING.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 can’t open ANYTHING.: So just now i was playing rocket league on my pc that i built a while back. I got off the game and tried to open valorant and it gave me a bad image error. Now i get an error code 0xc000012f saying bad image for one drive. I want to run an sfc scan but my computer isnt...
  9. I can’t click on anything

in Cortana
    I can’t click on anything: When I go on search bar on the bottom next to all my apps I can’t search anything or click on anything. When I first got it it was fine but now I can’t click on anything....
  10. No log in screen / can’t click anything

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No log in screen / can’t click anything: Hi, Since yesterday, I’ve been unable to log in to my laptop. It boots normally, but once I go to the log in screen (by clicking), there’s nothing (not even the three buttons in the bottom right corner, which sometimes appear and sometimes don’t). I also can’t click any...