Windows 10: Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect"

Discus and support Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've seen this problem happening with others as well and it seems to be a Permissions issue. None of the solutions on this site or others have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BetaCrasher, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect"

So I've seen this problem happening with others as well and it seems to be a Permissions issue. None of the solutions on this site or others have worked. I have already tried repairing the installation with an in-place upgrade. The owner of the folder is still TrustedInstaller and both TrustedInstaller and SYSTEM have Full Control access as shown in the screenshot belowThe only thing different is the Users entry seems to be corrupt as it states that I have read perms to the folder but It also says I don'tI've also tried using "icacls "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" /q /c /t /reset" to reset the

:)

BetaCrasher, Jan 26, 2022
  2. MTDT_482 Win User

The parameter is incorrect error

I started receiving the following error yesterday and not sure why or how to fix it.

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_18.1910.1283.0_x64_Bw...\LocalBridge.exe

The Parameter is Incorrect.

MTDT_482, Jan 26, 2022
  3. imrazor Win User
    All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect"

It all began when I was trying to get Firefox to open a downloaded Word .doc file. Firefox absolutely refused to realize that I had Word installed. So I did what I usually do when Firefox is obstinate about opening a file; I tried to locate Winword.exe and manually associate it with .doc files. Except I couldn't find Winword.exe anywhere.

I finally found it in a folder I had never seen before, "C:\Program Files\Windowsapps". The problem was that the folder was hidden and had some very strange permissions on it. So I took ownership of the folder and all subfolders and gave myself full control. That was a mistake.

Now when I open *any* Windows Store/Metro app I get the message "The parameter is incorrect". How can I repair the permissions on "C:\ProgramFiles\WIndowsapps"? I've already given ownership back to "TrustedInstaller", but I'm still getting "The parameter is incorrect." I also tried "sfc /scannow" but that didn't help.

BTW, all "classic" desktop apps work fine and Windows boots without any issue. But Office365 is totally hosed...

Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect" [​IMG]

imrazor, Jan 26, 2022
  4. JustMetis Win User

Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect"

parameter is incorrect

Thanks for the suggestion, but no Excel installed (nor any plan to). Not sure how or if that would handle all subfolders, or how long the process would take, but I don't use Excel for anything, and can't see installing a bulky Office app on the system. The
    other downside I think *may* exist, would be that I'd have to either export all the data to a file, else use Excel each time a search is required.

Looks like maybe I can use a batch job to build a list of all folders and subfolders, then independently list the files of interest within each folder into a single file. That should eliminate whatever causes the odd "parameter is incorrect" error.

Thanks again for your responses. I appreciate your time.

JustMetis, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect"

1. Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect" - Similar Threads - Can't open apps

2. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  3. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  4. Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect": So I've seen this problem happening with others as well and it seems to be a Permissions issue. None of the solutions on this site or others have worked. I have already tried repairing the installation with an in-place upgrade. The owner of the folder is still...
  5. Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect": So I've seen this problem happening with others as well and it seems to be a Permissions issue. None of the solutions on this site or others have worked. I have already tried repairing the installation with an in-place upgrade. The owner of the folder is still...
  6. Cant open a specific folder due to "The Parameter is incorrect" error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant open a specific folder due to "The Parameter is incorrect" error: I'm trying to open a game's folder in WindowsApps that I downloaded from the Xbox App via Gamepass. Error Message But I get an error only for this specific folder each time I try to open it. The whole windowasapps folder is on my external hard drive btw I've tried doing a...
  7. "The Parameter is Incorrect" can't open some of my windows apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "The Parameter is Incorrect" can't open some of my windows apps: [ATTACH] I can't open some apps when I try to open this error message appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-parameter-is-incorrect-cant-open-some-of-my/9e6fb97f-000a-4e2f-a2e2-8df8a256dcf8
  8. Incorrect Parameter on WindowsApps ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incorrect Parameter on WindowsApps ?: I had the Error incorrect Parameter on my new laptop. I already tried resetting, loading partitions and even COMPLETLY installed windows new but the Error was still there. No problem I thought, send the laptop back and used my old one. But soon after the error message even...
  9. Permission to open app in WindowsApp Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permission to open app in WindowsApp Folder: I already have changed the ownership of the folder to my user, I can enter and see everything but when I try to open a game.exe it says I don't have the permissions. How do I fix this? I'm trying to hook the .exe to the steam game list so I can stream it to my nvidia shield...
  10. The parameter is incorrect error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The parameter is incorrect error: I started receiving the following error yesterday and not sure why or how to fix it. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_18.1910.1283.0_x64_Bw...\LocalBridge.exe The Parameter is Incorrect....