Windows 10: Can't open any of my documents- SXC, XLS, DOC, SXW. JPG and PDF will open

Discus and support Can't open any of my documents- SXC, XLS, DOC, SXW. JPG and PDF will open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Not sure if this occurred after update to Windows 10 or when I replaced my computer. I really need to be able to open and modify some of my documents.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DiSchis, Jan 26, 2019.

1. DiSchis Win User

Can't open any of my documents- SXC, XLS, DOC, SXW. JPG and PDF will open

Not sure if this occurred after update to Windows 10 or when I replaced my computer. I really need to be able to open and modify some of my documents. This keeps asking me if I want to save or download, and eventually what I want to open with and then takes me back to save or download. And I don't know when the SXW and SXC file types appeared. I thought I always saved to DOC or XLS. I saw a lot of sites that want you to download their "fixes" but I don't which are safe.

:)

DiSchis, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Open pdf documents with 2 different applications

Right click on each specific App and choose the pdf from the jump list.

Edwin, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Opening a pdf doc

Thanks Andy, that makes sense, although I would have prefered for the pdf to have been saved in the documents folder and the various pdf readers then just look in that folder and automatically display all pdf docs.

Guess I'll re-transfer the pdf and open my prefered reader.

p51kmustang, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Can't open any of my documents- SXC, XLS, DOC, SXW. JPG and PDF will open

The same .PDF document keeps opening even though I am trying to open another .PDF document

The same .PDF document keeps opening even though I am trying to open another .PDF document. It's like it's

"stored". I repeatedly close the doc but the same one opens each time. What do I need to do?

Lori Ittner, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Can't open any of my documents- SXC, XLS, DOC, SXW. JPG and PDF will open

1. Can't open any of my documents- SXC, XLS, DOC, SXW. JPG and PDF will open - Similar Threads - Can't open documents

2. Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file: Hi, After a recent update I am unable to open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf files and receive the following message: Windows cannot find file name. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. I have done a clean boot, SFC scan and DISM. Restarted a number of times...
  3. Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file: Hi, After a recent update I am unable to open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf files and receive the following message: Windows cannot find file name. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. I have done a clean boot, SFC scan and DISM. Restarted a number of times...
  4. Explorer not showing previews of any files PDF, DOC, XLS, txt Except images: JPG/PNG/etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer not showing previews of any files PDF, DOC, XLS, txt Except images: JPG/PNG/etc.: NOTE: Please do not respond with the usual steps, all have already been taken. Explorer Preview Pane is not showing previews of any files PDF, DOC, XLS, txt Except JPG and PNG. It does show thumbnails correctly with the first page for all file types when in icon view. I use...
  5. Explorer not showing previews of any files PDF, DOC, XLS, txt Except images: JPG/PNG/etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer not showing previews of any files PDF, DOC, XLS, txt Except images: JPG/PNG/etc.: NOTE: Please do not respond with the usual steps, all have already been taken. Explorer Preview Pane is not showing previews of any files PDF, DOC, XLS, txt Except JPG and PNG. It does show thumbnails correctly with the first page for all file types when in icon view. I use...
  6. Explorer not showing previews of any files PDF, DOC, XLS, txt Except images: JPG/PNG/etc.

7. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC: Trying to open a PDF document, as a PDF doc that I downloaded and saved on my laptop. When I click on 'open' a message box appears. I am given two options--either convert it to a Word doc or 'Cancel". How do/can I open my doc the way that it should be, as a PDF document?...
  8. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC: Trying to open a PDF document, as a PDF doc that I downloaded and saved on my laptop. When I click on 'open' a message box appears. I am given two options--either convert it to a Word doc or 'Cancel". How do/can I open my doc the way that it should be, as a PDF document?...
  9. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Unable to open JPG docs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open JPG docs: Hi, I am unable to open any documents that are saved as a Jpg. When I try and open it I get a message with the location address of the file and "Invalid value for registry". Can anyone help please, I am not technically minded, so easy to follow help would be appreciated!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open any of my documents