Windows 10: Can't open any of my files that are on my desktop as short cuts

Discus and support Can't open any of my files that are on my desktop as short cuts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please help me, I can not open any of my files that are on my desktop as short cuts * Original title: windows help... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GayleSmith1, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Can't open any of my files that are on my desktop as short cuts

Please help me, I can not open any of my files that are on my desktop as short cuts

* Original title: windows help

:)

GayleSmith1, Oct 10, 2019
  2. pia3 Win User

How to make a short cut for Facebook to Desktop

I have windows 10. How do I make a short cut for Face Book to my desktop. T Y

3. After upgrading to Windows 10, all my desktop files and short cuts are gone.

Hi Ken,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that after upgrading to Windows 10, all of your desktop files and short cuts are gone. I will try to help you with this.

I would like to let you know that the Windows.old folder contains all files and apps from the previous Windows installation. All the data associated with the previous OS would be located in this folder.

Windows 10 is different from Windows 7. It is a new generation of Windows, with a wide range of experiences designed to usher in a new era of more personal computing.

If you don’t find an icon for an application which you have installed, you can pin it to the desktop by performing these steps:

• Search for the application which you need to add to the desktop.

• Right-click on the application >> select open file location.

• Right-click on the application >> select send to and click on Desktop.

This will add the application which you want it to be on the desktop.

Hope this helps. Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Oldgye Win User

Can't open any of my files that are on my desktop as short cuts

Dropped short cut

Once again I find myself looking for a long used short cut. Apparently Windows 10 and Bing do not like Yahoo. I downloaded 10 and was comfortable navigating around. The next day, I logged on and Yahoo was among the missing. Easy to go to Windows Edge
    and then to Yahoo, but the program will not right click to a drop down and choices of creating a short cut on the desk top. I tried Mr. Smithers fix to get Google Earth back, but yahoo is not listed in the "Apps' section. Any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Oldgye, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Can't open any of my files that are on my desktop as short cuts

1. Can't open any of my files that are on my desktop as short cuts - Similar Threads - Can't open files

2. Is there a short cut to open multiple files' properties at once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a short cut to open multiple files' properties at once?: Hey Y'all, I have a 250GB main drive and would usually use an external drive for space, but I broke my external drive on accident. As a result I often run out of room and delete a lot of bigger files. It's quite tedious to right-click on each file separately and click...
  3. Is there a short cut to open multiple files' properties at once?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a short cut to open multiple files' properties at once?: Hey Y'all, I have a 250GB main drive and would usually use an external drive for space, but I broke my external drive on accident. As a result I often run out of room and delete a lot of bigger files. It's quite tedious to right-click on each file separately and click...
  4. Is there a short cut to open multiple files' properties at once?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Short Cut to copy a file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Short Cut to copy a file: How do you set up a short cute to copy a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/short-cut-to-copy-a-file/e3390a52-e252-434a-baea-b0b753fba93c
  6. Desktop short cuts

Desktop short cuts: Please advise as to how to create shortcuts to apps/folders on my windows10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-short-cuts/f9782f50-2d58-47d5-993e-e3787ecb542e
  7. short cuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    short cuts: how do I pin my Microsoft solitaire collection to the desk top? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/short-cuts/bb40b136-3492-4d47-bb30-8431e5f9e4fa
  8. getting short cut onto my desktop

getting short cut onto my desktop: hi. am 69 and very new to computers. was trying to get web pages on my desktop as a short cut. I tried right click as someone suggested but drop down box did not have create shortcut as a option. can anyone help please. remember, am very new to this. thanx in anticipation...
  9. short cut won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    short cut won't open: I have been doing work in a word document I then saved it. When I went back to open it, it says " the item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly." How can I open this document? Please help!!...
  10. short cut

short cut: How do I send a www. page to my desk top as a short cut? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/short-cut/05c0d458-2e3e-4e26-b63a-755442b5dd34

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open exe files windows 10