Windows 10: Can't open any PDF's after Windows 10 recent update

Discus and support Can't open any PDF's after Windows 10 recent update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can't open any PDF's after Windows 10 recent feature update version 2004 not only microsoft edge but i cant open any of my previous or new pdf... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by akashwaykar, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Can't open any PDF's after Windows 10 recent update

Can't open any PDF's after Windows 10 recent feature update version 2004

not only microsoft edge but i cant open any of my previous or new pdf files in any pdf viewer { in edge or adobe }

whenever i try to open the pdf file it keeps saying how do you want to open this file ? .

i have made the edge default for pdf but still the how do you want to open this file ? window pops up again and again ,and i understand that it pops up every time until you chose default program but i have done all that .

Before the recent upgrade all those pdf used to work fine i could open them just by double clik on them .

but after the upgrade i cant open them through any pdf viewer it repeatedly keeps sayin how do you want to open this file ? and even after choosing the program from that popup pdf still dosent get open the popup comes back again and again and again and.................

And i check the pdf they work fine in other devices they are not corrupted . even new pdf are not opening .

i tried every thing that was suggested by microsoft .

- rebooted

- reset setting of micosoft edge

- other settings suggested by different web sites

- and some other settings also

But it still diddent fix the problem , it keep showing this window = Can't open any PDF's after Windows 10 recent update 7f7e054b-6ed8-495e-81d4-ab8da8c67293?upload=true.png

and like i told you above if you click on any of the programs in this popup to open the pdf file it dosent open, this how do you want to open this file ? popup comes back again and again and............

All this started after since recently when i upgrated my windows 10 pro { 1909 } to the latest version of windows 10 pro released in may 2020 { 2004 version }

NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO . PLEASE HELP ME IM NOT ABLE TO DO ANY WORK BEACUASE OF IT .

PLEASE IF ANY BODY KNOW THE ANSWER TO TIS PROBLEM PLEASE HELP ME .

:)

akashwaykar, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader on Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Can't open any PDF's after Windows 10 recent update

Problem opening PDF Document in Windows Phones 10

Hello Jörg,

We appreciate bringing this up. You may encounter issues opening PDF files on your Windows 10 Mobile or Microsoft Edge after the latest update. We are aware of the issue and currently working to resolved it. In the meantime, we suggest that you
    download and install any PDF reader apps from the Store to access PDF files. Make sure to download or save the PDF files on your phone before accessing it. You can follow the steps below to open PDF files:

1. Download and install the UC browser and
      Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    2. Once installed, open UC browser and then visit the website from where you will download the PDF file.
      Tap the PDF file you wish to download > Click Regular Download.
    3. Once the PDF file is downloaded, go to App list >
      Xodo application > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Take note that you should uninstall any PDF reader applications installed on your phone.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

3482be97-15ec-4271-be40-2f9a31b21207, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't open any PDF's after Windows 10 recent update

1. Can't open any PDF's after Windows 10 recent update - Similar Threads - Can't open PDF's

2. Cannot open any PDF File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open any PDF File: I upgraded to Microsoft Edge yesterday 9 June. Today I tried to open a PDF file and get the error: Windows cannot find C:\Users\johnb\OneDrive\Desktop\APAM Registration as of 6 June.pdf. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. I am actually clicking on the...
  3. PDF files missing after most Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PDF files missing after most Recent Windows 10 Update: All my pdf's seems lost, same with office documents. Neither programs would open. After" Restore from a system restore point" , Office works, but PDF is still down. Needless to say, this is a problem...
  4. Can't open PDF files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open PDF files: After installing Win 10 updates today, I cannot open PDF files. When attempting to do so, I get the error message "Windows cannot find C:\users......pdf Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. I looked at the community - and see this is not new. But...
  5. Can't install anything after recent update - Windows 10

Can't install anything after recent update - Windows 10: Hello, Hopefully someone can help me cause this problem is driving me mad. Ever since the most recent update for windows 10, I have been unable to install any programs or software. To give you an idea of what's happening, I tried downloading Google Chrome yesterday, once I...
  6. Unable to open Photos after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open Photos after recent windows 10 update: My photos app seems to not be working. I get this error File System Error -2147219195. The app does not show up under settings, but when I search for it, it shows up. It does show up when I click the window on the bottom left, but when I select it is when the error pops...
  7. Unable to open PDF files after updates

Unable to open PDF files after updates: Received recent updates and now when I try to open a PDF, I get two error messages: [ATTACH] when I click OK, get this message [ATTACH] HOWEVER, when I forward PDF to my gmail account and open while in google/gmail, file opens OK, no error message. what's wrong?...
  8. Can't Print to PDF after Windows 10 Update

Can't Print to PDF after Windows 10 Update: My Windows 10 recently updated & now the "Print to PDF" option is gone from my print options?... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-to-pdf-after-windows-10-update/62ad2663-3167-4d6c-a756-50d71fb65673
  9. Can't Read Or Properly Open Any Files After Windows 10 Update

Can't Read Or Properly Open Any Files After Windows 10 Update: I believe this is a Windows 10 issue as this all happened after an automatic update recently. When I try to open Word it's just blank. When I try to open notepad it won't show any text and you can't even click on the the top bar (where it would say "New, Settings", etc). This...
  10. Can't Open Preinstalled Apps After Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Preinstalled Apps After Recent Windows 10 Update: Basically I can no longer open my preinstalled apps (app store, weather, photos, camera to name a few). Anyone know how to fix this? 54003