Windows 10: Cant open any pictures/.wavs etc. on desktop (still folders and .zips tho)... How to fix?

Discus and support Cant open any pictures/.wavs etc. on desktop (still folders and .zips tho)... How to fix? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Sorry its german It says ""C:\Users\asdf\Desktop\name.PNG" couldn't be found. Make sure you entered the name correctly and try again"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TeemoSux, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Cant open any pictures/.wavs etc. on desktop (still folders and .zips tho)... How to fix?

Cant open any pictures/.wavs etc. on desktop (still folders and .zips tho)... How to fix? GP-wuWjF1FcbcHs9NKMSCgtdK64ip_XQDdBylfNPUG0.jpg

Sorry its german

It says ""C:\Users\asdf\Desktop\name.PNG" couldn't be found. Make sure you entered the name correctly and try again" whenever i try to click any file on desktop. I didnt change anything, someday i just started my pc and this keeps happening until today-
    Does anyone have a fix? id be VERY thankful

Also sorry if this is the wrong subreddit for sumn like this

submitted by /u/TeemoSux
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TeemoSux, Feb 2, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Issues with opening .jpg due to ._.Ds_store. The pictures folder zipped in MacOS, later unzipped in Windows 10 and the picture is not opening.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there picture which is copied from Apple computer has associated some protocols in it and it is facing issues while opening in Windows Operating system.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "The whole pack of photos was zipped in MacO", have you tried to unzip the picture folder from Apple computer and then tried to open in Windows 10?

I suggest you to try to unzip the picture folder in the Mac Operating system, then try to copy it in external hard disk. After the try to copy the picture in Windows 10 and open it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures zipped in Mac Operating System and unzipped on Windows 10 to access it, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Cant open any pictures/.wavs etc. on desktop (still folders and .zips tho)... How to fix?

I can get only single pictures using picture gallery slideshow

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to copy all the pictures in libraries picture folder.

• Open files explorer and click on the Picture folder.
    • Now copy all your favorite picture to the picture folder.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Cant open any pictures/.wavs etc. on desktop (still folders and .zips tho)... How to fix?

1. Cant open any pictures/.wavs etc. on desktop (still folders and .zips tho)... How to fix? - Similar Threads - Cant open pictures

2. Problem with opening pictures, etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with opening pictures, etc: I has a problem with Google Chrome on Windows 11 shutting down immediately every time I tired to open it. I researched it and found out this is somewhat common. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Seemed to solve opening Chrome, but now I can't access pictures from a folder....
  3. Problem with opening pictures, etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with opening pictures, etc: I has a problem with Google Chrome on Windows 11 shutting down immediately every time I tired to open it. I researched it and found out this is somewhat common. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Seemed to solve opening Chrome, but now I can't access pictures from a folder....
  4. Cant open pictures.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open pictures.: I took some photos today on my phone. I could see them just fine. They were saved on my memory card. I tried to open them on my laptop but couldn't open them from there. I then tried to open then from my phone but I couldn't. I tried a few things:-Restarting my device-Used a...
  5. Cant open pictures.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant open pictures.: I took some photos today on my phone. I could see them just fine. They were saved on my memory card. I tried to open them on my laptop but couldn't open them from there. I then tried to open then from my phone but I couldn't. I tried a few things:-Restarting my device-Used a...
  6. Cant open pictures.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. picture in my desktop cant show any display

in Windows 10 Customization
    picture in my desktop cant show any display: im use window 10 ,my desktop cant show picture display but can open and see.I'm already change the setting in file explorer still the same problem....
  8. Cant Open any folder or Rename

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant Open any folder or Rename: I cant Open folders os Rename my computer still thinking when i click on folder and dont Open anyone know what is going? submitted by /u/-aceaM21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/junx23/cant_open_any_folder_or_rename/
  9. Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures in Pictures folder will not open: Pictures will not open in any app or program. I get error messages that I do not have permission to open these files. I have already checked and re-checked the permissions. I am the administrator on my computer. I've run the various diagnostics from the command prompt....
  10. Zipped folders opening in notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Zipped folders opening in notepad: I tried to open one ZIP file in notepad and accidentally set them to always open with notepad. I left clicked and pressed open with then notepad. I tried to change it back in properties but I can't figure it out. Unfortunately I had never done a zipped file before so I didn't...