Windows 10: Can't open any program as administrator

Discus and support Can't open any program as administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am tryning to run cmd, powershell, etc as administrator, but showing error "The specified service does not exist as an installed service.". I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChiragDalbanjan, May 8, 2020.

1. Can't open any program as administrator

I am tryning to run cmd, powershell, etc as administrator, but showing error "The specified service does not exist as an installed service.".

I also can't intall any applications.

What should I do now?

:)

ChiragDalbanjan, May 8, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, May 8, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Can't open any program as administrator

Administrator Approval needed to open app

Hi,

If you're bothered of seeing the UAC pop-ups, you can get rid of them by setting programs to run in administrator mode by default. There are a few steps to run an application as administrator by default that you can try. Kindly follow the steps below to
    make the changes:

• Open the Start menu and click All apps. Find the program you want to always run in administrator mode and right-click on the shortcut. In the pop-up menu, click Open file location. Only desktop programs (not native Windows 10 apps) will have this option.
    • A File Explorer window will open to the location of the program you want to access. Right-click on the program and click Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click Advanced
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to Run as administrator and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. You'll need to repeat these steps for each program you want to have this feature.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't open any program as administrator

1. Can't open any program as administrator - Similar Threads - Can't open program

2. Can't start / open any Microsoft programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't start / open any Microsoft programs: Hi please help me I can't open any Microsoft programs included store, photos, movies, mails and calendar etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-open-any-microsoft-programs/d3f7f36b-e086-4fde-90ab-34e46bb275b4
  3. Can't start / open any Microsoft programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't start / open any Microsoft programs: Hi please help me I can't open any Microsoft programs included store, photos, movies, mails and calendar etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-open-any-microsoft-programs/d3f7f36b-e086-4fde-90ab-34e46bb275b4
  4. can't start / open any Microsoft programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't start / open any Microsoft programs: Hi please help me I can't open any Microsoft programs included store, photos, movies, mails and calendar etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-open-any-microsoft-programs/f1fe0bb1-894a-49ad-9e2d-47aecabaf41a
  5. can't start / open any Microsoft programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't start / open any Microsoft programs: Hi please help me I can't open any Microsoft programs included store, photos, movies, mails and calendar etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-open-any-microsoft-programs/f1fe0bb1-894a-49ad-9e2d-47aecabaf41a
  6. cant open program as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant open program as administrator: I am trying to run Command And Conquer Generals on win 10. I am the only user and have admin priviledges but when try to open im told to log in as administrator. I checked and I am only user and am administrator. Any sugestions?...
  7. Can't run any system programs withnout administrator privileges

Can't run any system programs withnout administrator privileges: Hello, i have a problem with system programs. When i try to run any system program, nothing happens unless i run it as an administrator. So when i try to run task manager using Ctrl+Shift+Esc, nothing happens. This usually happens after i install/repair some program, and i...
  8. I Can't open any .exe program

I Can't open any .exe program: I had a virus called Win32/Neshta from my friend's USB, after using AVG Win32/Neshta remover it worked, but the effect is still going every time i open an .exe application, Windows shows "Open the file with.." and this is only for .exe files apparently i tried using the...
  9. Can't open any programs in Windows 10

Can't open any programs in Windows 10: A few days ago, I suddenly couldn't open any programs on my PC. I did a reinstall of Windows 10 and it seemed to be fine until the next day where it was the same as before. Anyone have an idea of what could potentially be the problem? I'm able to open everything in safe mode...
  10. I can't open any program

I can't open any program: Hi! My name is Beltrán. Today my laptop just got a windows update and, when I turned it on after finishing installing the update, it worked just fine. The problem appeared like 1 or 2 minutes later. I wanted to open Chrome but, when I pressed on the icon, it wouldn't open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open as administrator