Windows 10: Can't open any shortcut with right click on icon. Happens with Edge as well (Sorry for the...

Discus and support Can't open any shortcut with right click on icon. Happens with Edge as well (Sorry for the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/unaltra_persona [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/unaltra_persona, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Can't open any shortcut with right click on icon. Happens with Edge as well (Sorry for the...

/u/unaltra_persona, Jul 6, 2020

2. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open a webpage in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the three dots at top right corner.
    • Choose Open with Internet Explorer.
    • Right Click and click on create shortcut.
    • The shortcut shall open in Microsoft Edge, if it is your default browser.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Can't open any shortcut with right click on icon. Happens with Edge as well (Sorry for the...

Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower

Thank you for the suggestion, but this poses two problems for my users:
    1. The icon is that of a batch file and not of Edge, which would require me to change the icon for each shortcut on each PC.
    2. This starts a command prompt window which pops up momentarily, which is confusing for a user.
    I'd like to (ideally) have shortcut that has the Edge icon and opens in Edge directly.

Thanks!

SomeoneNamedJoe, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't open any shortcut with right click on icon. Happens with Edge as well (Sorry for the...

1. Can't open any shortcut with right click on icon. Happens with Edge as well (Sorry for the... - Similar Threads - Can't open shortcut

2. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  3. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  4. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't click on icons and right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on icons and right click: I had my whole PC full and games started to lag I did a reset I starting downloading chrome and steam and suddenly I couldn't click on my desktop I don't know what happend I tried restarting windows explorer and doing other things submitted by /u/Deluxxxe5719 [link]...
  6. Right click shortcuts doesn't work in any app

Right click shortcuts doesn't work in any app: Hi, I have this problem in my new and old one laptop. On the beginning, I would like to say, that I've did a clean install of Windows 10 on my new laptop. So, when I do a right click on any app (system - like windows file explorer; or apps like Mozzila Firefox), the...
  7. Can't Open Properties Window on Any Program, Folder, or Icon (Right Click > Properties)

Can't Open Properties Window on Any Program, Folder, or Icon (Right Click > Properties): I have encountered this problem some months ago and have just now started to try to fix it. I have browsed through many forms and many websites but have had no luck. I basically have the same issue as the user DanikSo had. Problem: Cant open any properties window on any...
  8. Explorer not respoding on right click on any icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer not respoding on right click on any icon: Hello, When i right click on any icon on desktop, on any download or right click on any drive, it loads then it says Not respoding and restarts explorer. Any fix?...
  9. Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.: About 2 weeks ago I noticed that all my bookmarks had dissappeared, then when I right click on the start menu nothing happens, now Edge won't open when I click on it on the taskbar, then today I went into my computer and my picture and documents files are gone. I have tried a...
  10. Can't right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right click taskbar icons: I can't right click taskbar apps, left click works as it should but not the right click. Also left clicking start button won't open start menu, right click works on this one as it works on other system icons (volume, network, clock and notification) but not the left click....