Windows 10: Cant open anything

Discus and support Cant open anything in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So i just helped build my friend a pc last night we got everything going this morning i got windows 11 installed and up to date i got all drivers up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by baye joaquin, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Cant open anything

So i just helped build my friend a pc last night we got everything going this morning i got windows 11 installed and up to date i got all drivers up to date i got some apps and started to play elden ring everything was fine shut down pc waited for him to get home from work to show him. Now the pc boots until the desktop but you cant actively do anything. You cant even use the windows icon to shut the pc down itself

:)

baye joaquin, Feb 24, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cant open anything :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 24, 2024
  3. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 24, 2024
  4. dalchina Win User

Cant open anything

Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

Well.. have a look at this:
    Cant open anything 377575d1666287089t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-gw-done.png
    I took a risk. I've set a System Restore point then installed Gold Wave. It was not present in that Open With list. I used the Default Programs Editor:
    Cant open anything 377576d1666287156t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-gw1.jpg
    Did you click Save...? You should have seen:
    Cant open anything 377577d1666287188t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-gw2.jpg
    Note: if you are running as a standard user you may need to run it as admin, if it doesn't offer a UAC prompt.
    Cant open anything 377578d1666287451t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-1.jpg
    - opened via Open With as above.

dalchina, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

Cant open anything

1. Cant open anything - Similar Threads - Cant open anything

2. Cant open anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant open anything: So i just helped build my friend a pc last night we got everything going this morning i got windows 11 installed and up to date i got all drivers up to date i got some apps and started to play elden ring everything was fine shut down pc waited for him to get home from work to...
  3. I cant open anything besides my browser

I cant open anything besides my browser: I can open steam, my files or even settings.I haven't downloaded anything too fishy. I built the computer I am having my issue on so my only guess is that I screwed up somewhere.It worked when I first had it and then it was off for twoish months and everything stopped working...
  4. I cant open anything besides my browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open anything besides my browser: I can open steam, my files or even settings.I haven't downloaded anything too fishy. I built the computer I am having my issue on so my only guess is that I screwed up somewhere.It worked when I first had it and then it was off for twoish months and everything stopped working...
  5. Duplicate folder but cant be opened or do anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate folder but cant be opened or do anything.: hello everyone i just want to know why a new folder with the same name as my old folder appeared in my file explorer but it can't be opened and there's only one folder named "xd" in my desktop. i want to delete it but can't do it because the error appears....
  6. Duplicate folder but cant be opened or do anything.

Duplicate folder but cant be opened or do anything.: hello everyone i just want to know why a new folder with the same name as my old folder appeared in my file explorer but it can't be opened and there's only one folder named "xd" in my desktop. i want to delete it but can't do it because the error appears....
  7. Duplicate folder but cant be opened or do anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Cant open anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant open anything: So i installed the last windows update and now i cant open anything. I mean i cant open the start menu, i cant refresh and one more thing the nvidia graphics are not running. I can open apps but i cant open that menu and other things, for example the command windows key+ r is...
  9. I cant open anything from the start menu

I cant open anything from the start menu: I dont know what exactly I did but I cant open anything from the start menu. Control Panel gives me a weird error saying no mapping between account names and security ids was done. half of the "fixes" i found told me to open settings but i cant open those either. others said...
  10. i cant open setting or anything else.

i cant open setting or anything else.: Hi, on the taskbar icant see my app, open setting or action center or paint only notepad and file explorer. Help Me!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-setting-or-anything-else/75e19bf3-df08-477d-9956-2dce67bdfddf