Windows 10: cant open application because of missing "VCRUNTIME140.dll" file

Discus and support cant open application because of missing "VCRUNTIME140.dll" file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ive been trying to figure out how to fix this because I never seemed to have this problem before until I went to update my game, but as soon as I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by itsmaddielol, Sep 1, 2020.

1. cant open application because of missing "VCRUNTIME140.dll" file

Ive been trying to figure out how to fix this because I never seemed to have this problem before until I went to update my game, but as soon as I try to open the application I get a pop up saying missing VCRUNTIME140.dll file please reinstall and open again. But when I go into the file application its still missing. Any help would be amazing, thank you.

:)

itsmaddielol, Sep 1, 2020

2. Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll

Hi Kathleen,

The "Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll" error may have been caused by system file corruption. There might be missing files or documents. This error usually occurs when launching apps or installing Office. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting the error when launching apps? If so, what apps are you having issues with?

In the meantime, if you're having issues in launching apps, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it. To uninstall an application that's downloaded from Windows Store, kindly refer to the steps provided on this
    link. Click on the drop-down menu and choose
    "Remove in Settings". On the other hand, to uninstall a program that's not downloaded in Windows Store, please refer to these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
    • Click the program that you want to uninstall.
    • Click Uninstall.

To reinstall apps from Windows Store, perform the following steps:

• From the Start menu, type Store and press
      Enter
    • On the search bar, type in the name of the app that you want to reinstall and press
      Enter.
    • Click Free or Buy and wait for the program to install.

If the program is not downloaded from Windows Store, we recommend checking the software developer's website to download it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Sep 1, 2020
  3. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll are missing

Hi,

So I turned on my PC and it said there was a windows update and it would download automatically. It eventually turned to a screen saying "we couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes". I tried restarting and it just stayed in that loop. I looked up
    how to fix it and tried everything. Eventually I just chose to reset my PC and I chose the " Keep my files" option. This fixed that problem and let me get to my home screen. Now when I try to open a game it gives me two errors. One that I'm missing MSVCP140.dll
    and the other saying I'm missing VCRUNTIME140.dll. I already tried downloading VCRUNTIME140.dll and copying it into the system 32 file but that didn't work. Please help.

CaelShepley, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Neemobeer Win User

cant open application because of missing "VCRUNTIME140.dll" file

vcruntime140.dll is missing. devmgmtservice.exe system error.

vcruntime140.dll is the Visual C Runtime library. It should be located in C:\Windows\System32. I would do a search on your computer and see if it is present. If it is you may just need to re-register the library. If you open an elevated command prompt and type regsvr32 /s "C:\Windows\System32\vcruntime140.dll"​ that should re-register the library. Otherwise you may need to get the file from another computer and then register it.

Neemobeer, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

cant open application because of missing "VCRUNTIME140.dll" file

1. cant open application because of missing "VCRUNTIME140.dll" file - Similar Threads - cant open application

2. missing vcruntime140.dll and msvcp140.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing vcruntime140.dll and msvcp140.dll: hei. mangle disse/ eller trenger å opptarer dem åssen kan dette fikses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-vcruntime140dll-and-msvcp140dll/7ff4334f-bee9-4751-876f-4edae51565ee
  3. vcruntime140.dll and msvcp140.dll missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vcruntime140.dll and msvcp140.dll missing.: hi, i just decided to try the beta Minecraft launcher, and it wont run because it says these two aren't found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vcruntime140dll-and-msvcp140dll-missing/1ec47ee6-e5c8-471c-a046-4427b9477c9c
  4. VCRuntime140.dll missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VCRuntime140.dll missing: Hi, The VCRuntime140.dll is not found or missing on my laptop and does not allow me to open and run some applications. When I try re-installing it and scanning for the issue on my laptop, it doesn't allow it. I have also followed all the steps/ methods on...
  5. Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll Files: Factory reset my computer as it was running very slowly and it removed all of my files in the process. I have already removed and re-installed the Visual C++ redistributable several times and restarted/updated my computer a few times as well and nothing has done the trick....
  6. Vcruntime140.dll & more missing from svchost.

Vcruntime140.dll & more missing from svchost.: I am running a Windows 10 laptop made by Lenovo, powered by AMD. The exact model is the LENOVO Ideapad 320. The The laptop has been factory reseted in order to boost performance for such Valve games as Counter Strike: Global Offensive. On some of the other games I play, I use...
  7. vcruntime140.dll & msvcp140.dll missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    vcruntime140.dll & msvcp140.dll missing: I have searched far and wide and for these files and I can't seem to find them, or any solution at all to my problem. Let preface this by saying that I have 3 different drives on my computer. My C: drive is an SSD with only 64 GB on it. It's my main drive where all my...
  8. VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing – fix it

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing – fix it: And today’s error is “VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing”. This is the reason why you are here and we have worked on solving it to help you. But first, read this if you want to know more about what a DLL file even is. What’s a DLL file? DLL stands for Dynamic Link Library, these...
  9. vcruntime140.dll missing

vcruntime140.dll missing: My windows 10 HP laptop hasn't been used in a while and when I used it again, it did windows updates and them told me vcruntime140.dll is missing? What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vcruntime140dll-missing/2c091193-2ff9-4a44-a446-26c66802d5e0
  10. The program can't start because msvcr120.dll and vcruntime140.dll is missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The program can't start because msvcr120.dll and vcruntime140.dll is missing: hi, "The program can't start because msvcr120.dlland vcruntime140.dll is missing from my computer" after installation/run of Wampserver 64bit. I require wampserver to run with sqlyog community 64bit. I've tried re-installing the wampserver - failed attempts. My windows is up...