Windows 10: Can't open applications and got a problem named You'll need a new app to open this .exe file

Discus and support Can't open applications and got a problem named You'll need a new app to open this .exe file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i open programs like discord chrome, league of legends I get the problem C:\Users\Eren\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ErenG., Jun 8, 2020.

1. ErenG. Win User

Can't open applications and got a problem named You'll need a new app to open this .exe file

When i open programs like discord chrome, league of legends

I get the problem

C:\Users\Eren\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\League of legends.ink

Application not found same with Chrome

but if i open it from my desktop it says You'll need a new app to open this .exe file

I tried much and i just cant open things it does open when i run it as administrator

And i keep getting a notification from Windows Defender that it found a new threat

I think it is that i got a virus but i can not figure how to 'destroy' it

I can open microsoft edge and i opened google chrome by pressing secure boot on windows defender cause

:)

ErenG., Jun 8, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Problem about opening .exe files

model: HP Pavilion Notebook

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1607

Okay, I was wrong. The .exe files of apps (such as WPS Office) can be opened if I choose the apps themselves to open the apps when that window (You will need a new app to open this file) pops up. However, there is still a problem
    as every time I open the apps the window pops up and I have to choose again.

Although I can open .exe files of apps, I still can't open .exe files of the system (such as Command Prompt
    and Task Manager) as I can't find the file location.

Before I did the steps on that link, I was trying to open .exe files on a DVD, which the files failed to open. There was no issue in opening .exe files on the computer though. Something I noticed is that the file type of all .exe files became "%1"%* after
    I did what the link told me to.

I haven't done anything after the current problem occurred.

Thank you.

PaulTangYZ, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Tintai Win User

Can't open applications and got a problem named You'll need a new app to open this .exe file

Exe file slow to open

Yes

ASRock p67 PRO3 B3. How can I take screen from BIOS?

But now I tested one thing. Exe files from WinRar(SFX archive) open faster. When I click on SFX archive(exe) I must wait max 1 seconds.
    So the problem is only for application like installers.

Tintai, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't open applications and got a problem named You'll need a new app to open this .exe file - Similar Threads - Can't open applications

2. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file": I came home today and tried to open my browser and am met with this If anyone has an idea please help, I cant open anything on my pc with out it saying this message box, games and regular desktop apps. But if i right click and run as admin it'll start, weird right?...
  3. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file": I came home today and tried to open my browser and am met with this If anyone has an idea please help, I cant open anything on my pc with out it saying this message box, games and regular desktop apps. But if i right click and run as admin it'll start, weird right?...
  4. "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. You'll need a new app to open this

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this: How to turn off this pop up [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this/dd55ff4b-ccf0-4604-985d-379f6892ec63
  6. You'll need a new app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You'll need a new app to open this .exe file: A couple of things, firstly I am unable to open ANY application unless I run as administrator, or else "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file" appears. This dialogue box also appears every now and then which is insanely annoying. I am unable to open apps on the...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this .exe file Error in Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    You'll need a new app to open this .exe file Error in Windows: Hi yes, I was just wondering why my windows defender is not allowing me to open the firewall or anything related to windows defender. IS there any way to fix this or can I just disable windows defender in general?...
  8. you'll need a new app to open this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you'll need a new app to open this: Just got update to Windows 10. Trying to read some of the tips, but every time I click on ANYTHING it gives me the message "you'll need a new app to open this" but I can't seem to get the app, whatever app it is. When I click onFeedback I get the same message. I'm looking...
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...