Windows 10: Can't open apps, start menu stops working after a few minutes, chrome won't load pages

Discus and support Can't open apps, start menu stops working after a few minutes, chrome won't load pages in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, not sure where to begin as there's literally a cascade of failures going on. It started when I noticed that I couldn't open steam. When trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanMorton1, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Can't open apps, start menu stops working after a few minutes, chrome won't load pages

Hi, not sure where to begin as there's literally a cascade of failures going on. It started when I noticed that I couldn't open steam. When trying to reinstall that I noticed that Chrome wouldn't open any web pages and then shortly afterwards I couldn't open the start menu. I intiated a system restore but this didn't help. I've run malware and anti virus scans but found nothing. No idea what to do. The PC was working fine last time I used it.

:)

DanMorton1, Nov 30, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Chrome won't open any page [Solved]

I started my laptop and found out that chrome did not load any page for some reason, not even settings pages.
    I've tried re-installing chrome, and disabling comodo firewall, it does not help.
    Anyone having suggestions how to fix this?

P4-630, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Win10 start menu won`t open (SOLUTION)

To all people that suffer from same problems as I did:

-Win 10`s start menu won`t open after restart

-Win 10`s menu stops working after few days if your pc has been idle or just on.

-Win 10`s menu works after AC power down

-Win 10`s menu won`t work after restart unless you log out and relog through CTRL+ALT+DEL

It took me 7 hours to find cause of this problem, lots program reinstallations and browsing through internet.

Even Microsoft support didn`t provide the right answer for this problem, they just give you commands and advices to create new accounts, cleanup this, reinstall that, clean boot this, normal boot that. But what they don`t say is that all those problems are
    caused by their so called "feature" that released with their "Fall Creators Update". A feature that saves some data into the memory, so after restart it start`s to open all your chrome windows and other programs.

CAUSE:

Your windows might get some conflicts with some programms during the session, before the update if you shutdown/restart your pc, windows where just dumping all the data out of the window, after the update it started to save it to the memory (including all the
    conflicted data). THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

SOLUTION:

Go to your Search icon on the taskbar, type > Settings > Accounts > Sing-In options > Under "Privacy" uncheck/disable "Use my sing-in info to automatically setting up my device after an update or restart" > Restart

Hope it helps folks!

3DArtist

And ofcourse:

Microsoft, you`ve already forced us into updates with Win10.

Will you now please stop screwing up windows even more with your pointless system breaking features!

Stop reinventing the wheel.

3DArtist_007, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Can't open apps, start menu stops working after a few minutes, chrome won't load pages

Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Can't open apps, start menu stops working after a few minutes, chrome won't load pages

1. Can't open apps, start menu stops working after a few minutes, chrome won't load pages - Similar Threads - Can't open apps

2. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10: Laptop Wifi stops working and will not reappear. I've already tried resetting and troubleshootingWifi will always return after rebooting/turning on but will disappear after a few minutes and won't come back without reboot....
  3. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10: Laptop Wifi stops working and will not reappear. I've already tried resetting and troubleshootingWifi will always return after rebooting/turning on but will disappear after a few minutes and won't come back without reboot....
  4. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Sound stops working after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stops working after a few minutes: Hi, I am having trouble with my laptops speakers. The sound just stopped working out of the blue. Its not physical damage and I have updated, rolled back, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and watched many many youtube tutorials but nothing seems to work. Sometimes when i...
  6. Sound stops working after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stops working after a few minutes: Hi, I am having trouble with my laptops speakers. The sound just stopped working out of the blue. Its not physical damage and I have updated, rolled back, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and watched many many youtube tutorials but nothing seems to work. Sometimes when i...
  7. Chrome stopped loading pages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome stopped loading pages: I must have done something wrong somewhere perhaps within settings or preferences etc because while Google loads fine, it wont load any page. Instead I get an error message saying page is unresponsive and do I want to exit pages or wait?...
  8. pages won't stop loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    pages won't stop loading: Hiiiii. a while back was on window's 7 before I up grated to window's 10 I remember being some where on the Puter (where I should not have gone I like to click around)...and checking the box to keep pages loading...silly me so now I have to stop them loading on the upper...
  9. Start Menu won't open AND text won't load normally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu won't open AND text won't load normally: Recently I reset my PC due to issues with a video game, and a day after the reset, my start menu stopped working. A solution is to run 'sfc /scannow' but I am unable to because text won't load either. File Explorer only shows icons, and CMD and Powershell only open in tiny...
  10. Start menu doesn't work and apps won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu doesn't work and apps won't open: hi all my start menu doesn't work. clicking on task bar items does not work. (wifi, notifications) opening apps doesn't work. WIN + I or trying to open update from Win + R doesn't work (message "the app didn't open") clicking the search doesn't work. Clicking the windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 8.1 stops after a few minutes