Windows 10: Can't open apps through search bar, random loading screens, settings crashes Windows 10

Discus and support Can't open apps through search bar, random loading screens, settings crashes Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently I've been having a problem where I can't open command prompt or control panel from the Windows 10 search bar. Both have default program icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JonathanMcLaren2, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Can't open apps through search bar, random loading screens, settings crashes Windows 10

Recently I've been having a problem where I can't open command prompt or control panel from the Windows 10 search bar. Both have default program icons displayed next to them and clicking on them does nothing. I can do Win+r 'cmd' to open command prompt, and then access control panel from there, but I'd rather get to what's actually causing this. I've gotten them to work once or twice not by actually changing anything, but then 30 seconds later they're back at it. Also, possibly related, when I go into settings and click on the option for network settings, the settings app crashes. It happens

:)

JonathanMcLaren2, Sep 7, 2022

2. Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Sep 7, 2022
  3. stoggs1 Win User
    Halo 5 forge crashes on splash screen

Hey guys, yesterday i downloaded the halo 5 forge for windows 10 but every time i launch the game it just crashes at the splash screen.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice now and uninstalled and reinstalled the halo app as well and reset the windows 10 which all have been suggested to do from google searches, but no matter what i have tried the game wont work.

Any help will be appreciated.

stoggs1, Sep 7, 2022
  4. Can't open apps through search bar, random loading screens, settings crashes Windows 10

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Sep 7, 2022
Thema:

Can't open apps through search bar, random loading screens, settings crashes Windows 10

1. Can't open apps through search bar, random loading screens, settings crashes Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't open apps

2. Can't open apps through search bar, random loading screens, settings crashes Windows 10

in Cortana
    Can't open apps through search bar, random loading screens, settings crashes Windows 10: Recently I've been having a problem where I can't open command prompt or control panel from the Windows 10 search bar. Both have default program icons displayed next to them and clicking on them does nothing. I can do Win+r 'cmd' to open command prompt, and then access...
  3. Can't open apps through search bar, random loading screens, settings crashes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open apps through search bar, random loading screens, settings crashes Windows 10: Recently I've been having a problem where I can't open command prompt or control panel from the Windows 10 search bar. Both have default program icons displayed next to them and clicking on them does nothing. I can do Win+r 'cmd' to open command prompt, and then access...
  4. Windows Search bar apps do not load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search bar apps do not load.: Hello,I have an issue with the Windows search bar not loading app icons. Instead of loading the correct app icon the app has a photos icon. I have tried solving the issue by deleting the appimage cache, also tried to reinstall the microsoft store with powershell but to no...
  5. Windows Search bar apps do not load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search bar apps do not load.: Hello,I have an issue with the Windows search bar not loading app icons. Instead of loading the correct app icon the app has a photos icon. I have tried solving the issue by deleting the appimage cache, also tried to reinstall the microsoft store with powershell but to no...
  6. Windows Search bar apps do not load.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Search bar & Settings app

Search bar & Settings app: My search bar doesnt do anything when i click on it and when i try to open my settings app it doesnt open it closes before it opens ive searched the web but i havent found anything that works but i think its because of a windows update I NEED HELP...
  8. Can't open settings or type anything into search bar

Can't open settings or type anything into search bar: Hello! I have a HUGEEEEEE problem because i can't use the search bar or the settings menu OR THE CONTROL PANEL, which i desperately need right now and if i can it just starts flickering like i'm vigorously scrolling down, i try to scroll up but it's just bottoming out by...
  9. Windows search bar and settings app crash

Windows search bar and settings app crash: Hello,My problem is that, only when I start typing in the search bar or in the settings app, they both crash instantly.Without typing and just using my mouse, works fine....
  10. Can't open search bar apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open search bar apps: When I search an app through search bar it doesn't open any apps and it doesn't even show the icons and it just shows a black box. The weird thing is that I can open google chrome easily submitted by /u/big4hed92 [link] [comments]...