Windows 10: Can't open attached files

Discus and support Can't open attached files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm totally new to this and need help. I've recently been upgraded to Windows 10 and really struggling. find that I can't open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Patsy10#, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Patsy10# Win User

Can't open attached files

Hello everyone,

I'm totally new to this and need help.

I've recently been upgraded to Windows 10 and really struggling. find that I can't open files attached to my emails. I had this problem and tried to get Adobe DC but I had to pay a monthly fee as I remember. Is there anything I can get downloaded for free.

I sort of wish I hadn't changed from my old windows version as this new windows 10 is totally confusing for me.

:)

Patsy10#, Jan 10, 2021

2. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Can't open attached files

email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Can't open attached files

1. Can't open attached files - Similar Threads - Can't open attached

2. Can't attach an open Microsoft file in Gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't attach an open Microsoft file in Gmail: I am using Windows 11I have tried this using Google Chrome and Microsoft edge with the same result.All of a sudden if I attach a word or excel document to my Gmail it will not attach it unless I close the file.This has never been an issue before and it not productive if I...
  3. Can't attach an open Microsoft file in Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't attach an open Microsoft file in Gmail: I am using Windows 11I have tried this using Google Chrome and Microsoft edge with the same result.All of a sudden if I attach a word or excel document to my Gmail it will not attach it unless I close the file.This has never been an issue before and it not productive if I...
  4. can't open files and the have a file cabinet attached to the file icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open files and the have a file cabinet attached to the file icon: Most of my Word, excel, and pdf's have a file cabinet attached to the file icon and when I try to click on those files, I am not able to open them. It is in One Drive and in my computer hard drive. Thought with having them in One Drive, my files were safe...
  5. I can't open attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open attachments: When I try to open attachments in emails they load but then don't finish downloading meaning I can never open them. It tends to be word documents, powerpoint etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-attachments/4f5a005c-3d3f-4a81-ba91-aebe9dc48dcd
  6. I can't open attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open attachments: When I try to open attachments in emails they load but then don't finish downloading meaning I can never open them. It tends to be word documents, powerpoint etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-attachments/4f5a005c-3d3f-4a81-ba91-aebe9dc48dcd
  7. I can't open attachments

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Can't open attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open attachments: For some reason I can no longer open attachments received in emails. I use Outlook Hotmail. ???? It seems like it happened after a recent Microsoft update, but I'm not sure. I can't open jpg, pdf, etc....
  9. Can't Open attachments

Can't Open attachments: In the past using EDGE did allow me to open an attachment. I then had the choice to save or not. With your new EDGE I don't have a choice. EDGE wants me to save, if I do save, I still can't view. Please help....
  10. Can't open emailed attached files

Can't open emailed attached files: This problem occurred a week ago. Have been running same software for years without a problem. I am not able to open any file attached to an email. Email client is Windows Live Mail. Using latest version of Windows 10. I believe opening files is a Windows function. I can open...