Windows 10: Can't open Bitlock settings

Discus and support Can't open Bitlock settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey, I activated Bitlock for my "non-Windows" Harddrive. After the encryption has finished, I activated Bitlock for my Windows Harddrive. After the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Raylands, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Raylands Win User

Can't open Bitlock settings

Hey,

I activated Bitlock for my "non-Windows" Harddrive. After the encryption has finished, I activated Bitlock for my Windows Harddrive. After the restart nothing changed and now I can't open the Bitlock settings anymore; nothing happens when I try to open it.

Hope someone can help me.

Raylands

:)

Raylands, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Can't open Bitlock settings

why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Can't open Bitlock settings

1. Can't open Bitlock settings - Similar Threads - Can't open Bitlock

2. Can't opening setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't opening setting: I can't open setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-opening-setting/3aeec35a-db46-447a-bcee-7ef0ca6489bf
  3. Can't opening setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't opening setting: I can't open setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-opening-setting/3aeec35a-db46-447a-bcee-7ef0ca6489bf
  4. Can't opening setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't open SETTINGS.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open SETTINGS.: New HP computer running Firefox. Suddenly cannot open SETTINGS from anywhere. It looks like it is sitting on the taskbar but will not open and I can't see all of it there....
  6. Can't open settings

Can't open settings: Hello, I'm writing to you because i want you to help me fix my settings button on my computer!!! When I press the settings button, [ATTACH] my settings aren't opening.Can you help me fix this?Also you can answer me with an email at *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  7. can't set bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't set bitlocker: i originally had 8.1 now I have a win 10 pro 16gb ram drive tb gb Lenovo 3040 all in one. and I set up bitlocker I think correctly I got it to the login and the screen times out after 8 seconds I can't input password. version 1909 156660
  8. Can't open settings.

Can't open settings.: Hi, I'm using windows 10 for about 5 months now. first, there were no issues whatsoever but now suddenly I can't launch the setting or the "add or remove programs" app. maybe there are other things I can't, however, I didn't notice anything yet. please let me know if...
  9. can't open settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't open settings: I can't get my settings app to open on my laptop. I have a hp with windows 10 and just had an automatic update. All other apps that I've tried have open. How do I access my settings?...
  10. Can't open settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open settings.: So I did the Windows 10 upgrade (WOOHOO!) Everything went smoothly during the install. As I was checking out the start menu I clicked on the little Settings cog in the lower left. All that happens when I do this is a super quick flash of what I assume is the settings window....