Windows 10: Can't open c: drive

Discus and support Can't open c: drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't open my c: drive and whenever I open it, it says "Application not found" I tried every research but I could not find it yet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by francilquitasol, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Can't open c: drive

I can't open my c: drive and whenever I open it, it says "Application not found" I tried every research but I could not find it yet.

:)

francilquitasol, Nov 11, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

GPT disk conversion for both data drives and C drive

Macrium Rescue disk can be used to convert from MBR to GPT and vice versa without doing a fresh install of Windows.

1. Download Rescue6.1.1081X64.iso - Google Drive and use Rufus to create a bootable USB disk. Skip this step if you've already created the Macrium Rescue disk.
    2. Download: BootEFI_Only-00-00.zip - Google Drive . Unzip to an external or an internal HD
      NOTE:
      This is a copy of the first 3 partitions of my current Windows 10 x64 (450MB Recovery, 100MB EFI and 16MB MSR)
    3. Boot up Macrium Rescue disk and create a backup of your current Windows to another internal/external HD. It serves 2 purposes: you'd have a backup of your current Windows in case things go wrong and then use it to restore the C drive on the next steps.
    4. Next, switch the BIOS to UEFI and use Macrium to restore the first 3 partitions downloaded in step 2 to your current MBR Windows. No need to convert or Format, Macrium will do it.
    5. Again with Macrium, select the backup image from step 3, and copy back the C drive after the 3 partitions.
      After this step, you should have: 450MB, 100MB, 16MB and C drive (GPT partition scheme)
    6. From Macrium, click on Fix the Windows Boot Problems
    7. Reboot. Your Windows should be in UEFI mode.

topgundcp, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Clintlgm Win User

Can't open c: drive

Installing an SSD drive on my desktop to use as the C bootup drive

What are you talking about, I have Samsung 830 for 5 years and its still running great there is no issue with NTFS and SSD

To the OP all you have to do is use Macrium Reflect to clone your disk to your SSD you'll have to option to shrink your C partition before you start the actual clone check out this video
    it walks you through step by step

Clintlgm, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Can't open c: drive

1. Can't open c: drive - Similar Threads - Can't open drive

2. can't open recovered C drive files but can't open any of the documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't open recovered C drive files but can't open any of the documents: I accidentally deleted a file word document from a flash drive E:, I attempted to restore/recover the file by Googling a how to using CMD, this created 12 Local Disk C: recovery file which has several PDF files titled by random numbers that I cannot open_any advice? assuming...
  3. Can't extend C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't extend C Drive: I have a device with windows 11 and tried to organize the file by splitting the Drive to C Drive for programs and such things while have D Drive for managing daily files. After making the first spilt I discovered the size of C drive are too small. I have tried several time to...
  4. Can't extend C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't extend C Drive: I have a device with windows 11 and tried to organize the file by splitting the Drive to C Drive for programs and such things while have D Drive for managing daily files. After making the first spilt I discovered the size of C drive are too small. I have tried several time to...
  5. Having an issue to open c drive

Having an issue to open c drive: I accidentally deleted my local disk security properties when I was trying to figure out a way to fix Uk logs DAT file eating up my storage and ended up losing access to the drive. I tried trying to reset my laptop in order to regain access but it didn't work. I searched up...
  6. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive: My Asus Vivobook was damaged and I can't turn it on anymore. I took out the hard drive and connected it with a SATA cable to my new computer. Unfortunately none of the C:/ drive files windows etc are here, only D:/ drive. Where are the C:/ files stored physically in the...
  7. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive: My Asus Vivobook was damaged and I can't turn it on anymore. I took out the hard drive and connected it with a SATA cable to my new computer. Unfortunately none of the C:/ drive files windows etc are here, only D:/ drive. Where are the C:/ files stored physically in the...
  8. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Can't open C drive after changing something in registry editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open C drive after changing something in registry editor: I have a serious problem. Every time I click on the C:\ drive this message appears: [ATTACH] Hardware: Lenovo ThinkPad L460 Windows version: 20H2, just upgraded to the last version It all started when I wanted to set Total commander as the default file manager for some...
  10. Can't save to C: drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't save to C: drive.: I have a Windows 10 HP Laptop. Every time I try to save to my c: drive, I get an error message saying access denied. I am the only user and the Administrator. I checked settings for access, sharing, etc. Help!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open download from drive c

2. no app to open C drive

3. software install breaks opening c: drive