Windows 10: Can't open certain apps on my Laptop

Discus and support Can't open certain apps on my Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently started having this problem where I can't open certain apps on my Laptop. I don't know what is causing it but I've noticed it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joel Feller, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Can't open certain apps on my Laptop

Hello,

I recently started having this problem where I can't open certain apps on my Laptop.

I don't know what is causing it but I've noticed it on 1. Task Manager 2. regedit

I've read somewhere that someone had a similar problem where they couldn't open anything as administrator.

One thing that I did was restart my laptop in safe mode and open task manager there and then when I restarted again

to go back into normal mode I was able to open it but then after a few minutes it stopped working again.

I also checked for any potential things harming my Laptop using awdcleaner nothing there.

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks

:)

Joel Feller, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't open certain apps on my Laptop :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Feb 17, 2020
  4. R-T-B Win User

Can't open certain apps on my Laptop

Can someone just open a W10 support.

As a suggestion, it would be kinda cool if we could exclude certain thread categories from the "recent threads" list.

R-T-B, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Can't open certain apps on my Laptop

1. Can't open certain apps on my Laptop - Similar Threads - Can't open certain

2. Certain programs won't open at all on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain programs won't open at all on my laptop: I can't open these programs they wont open at all when I click them it'll show it's loading but won't open I want to be able to draw but the program won't open.The programs that won't open:CLIP STUDIO PAINT art programCLIP STUDIO art program launcherKrita art programUltimaker...
  3. Certain programs won't open at all on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain programs won't open at all on my laptop: I can't open these programs they wont open at all when I click them it'll show it's loading but won't open I want to be able to draw but the program won't open.The programs that won't open:CLIP STUDIO PAINT art programCLIP STUDIO art program launcherKrita art programUltimaker...
  4. Cannot Open Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Open Certain Apps: Hi,When I proceed to open the Minecraft launcher on my Windows 10 laptop I am met with an error code stating: Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you...
  5. Cannot Open Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Certain Apps: Hi,When I proceed to open the Minecraft launcher on my Windows 10 laptop I am met with an error code stating: Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you...
  6. Can't open my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open my laptop: I just bought a new laptop and i tried to open it, but rather than the normal page it open to American megatrend something like that. I searched on internet how to exit and i tried multiple ways but i still can't exit...
  7. Can't open certain files/apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open certain files/apps: Hi, I tried running a app today but it didn't seem to open. I tried looking in task manager to see why, and I saw that it did open, but then immediately suspend. I also looked in Event Viewer and saw this: https://pastebin.com/Zab5Nbk4 shorten due to it being very long...
  8. Certain apps can't connect to internet

Certain apps can't connect to internet: Hi all, A while back my laptop wouldn't connect to the WiFi, however I got around this by connecting to my mobile phone's hotspot which utilises the phones connection to the main wifi. Not sure if that's related, but I'm noticing certain apps act like I'm not on the...
  9. Can't open certain files.

Can't open certain files.: After a recent Windows update I am unable to open some of my files on disk or backup hard drive. Instead, I get the message; The media is write protected. I am able to open, modify and save the same files on either media using my old XP laptop but not on my laptop running...
  10. why can't i open certain apps? the appstore still opens properly but apps like news and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why can't i open certain apps? the appstore still opens properly but apps like news and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lilcordi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frtx3t/why_cant_i_open_certain_apps_the_appstore_still/