Windows 10: Can't open chrome browser

Discus and support Can't open chrome browser in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just got a new laptop and tried to download and install Google Chrome browser using Microsoft 10 home operating system. For some reason, when I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Can't open chrome, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Can't open chrome browser

Just got a new laptop and tried to download and install Google Chrome browser using Microsoft 10 home operating system. For some reason, when I click on the icon, it seems like I can't open the browser. I have tried all the suggestions on the internet but still unable to get the browser open. Any suggestions how to fix the problem?

:)

Can't open chrome, Jun 11, 2021

2. Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

I have my FF customized exactly how i want it. iGoogle is my homepage i see some news headlines, my to-do list, weather and calender as soon as i open the browser. If Chrome has the same sort of customization then i may give it a go.

WhiteLotus, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Installing Flash opens Chrome instead of default browser

I use IE, Edge and Firefox, with IE as default browser. Edge/IE of course get Flash through Windows Update but periodically I have to install Flash for Firefox. I can confirm that the expected behaviour of the Flash installer is, on completion, to open your default browser at a page saying...
    This is just an advert, not a necessary step in the install, but it is labelled as 'Step 3 of 3'. Steps 1 and 2 were seen in Firefox, the browser I started the install from, as the first two steps in installing/updating Flash. The install requires the browser to be restarted to be complete, so it opens the 'Step 3' page itself in the default browser. It has always amused me that it opens IE and not the Firefox I was installing it for.

I don't have Chrome, so can't test the behaviour described, but I have never seen anything other than my default browser open. I've just tested reinstalling Flash in Firefox, only IE opened on completion.

4. Arun B J Win User

Can't open chrome browser

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Can't open chrome browser

1. Can't open chrome browser - Similar Threads - Can't open chrome

2. Can't open Chrome?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't open Chrome?: Okay so I have Windows 10 right now and I wanted to download Chrome, so I did. However, once I went to go and run Chrome for the rest of the setup, I get a pop-up saying, "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings,...
  3. Can't open Chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Chrome?: Okay so I have Windows 10 right now and I wanted to download Chrome, so I did. However, once I went to go and run Chrome for the rest of the setup, I get a pop-up saying, "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings,...
  4. Can't open Chrome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Notifications don't open on Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications don't open on Chrome browser: My notifications for instagram won't load/open in a new tab like it should. Now whenever I click on those notifications they just disappear...nothing happens. This only happens for instagram btw while the rest of my notifications from other platforms like youtube, gmail,...
  6. Notifications don't open on Chrome browser

Notifications don't open on Chrome browser: My notifications for instagram won't load/open in a new tab like it should. Now whenever I click on those notifications they just disappear...nothing happens. This only happens for instagram btw while the rest of my notifications from other platforms like youtube, gmail,...
  7. Can't open chrome

Can't open chrome: Hi! So I got a new windows 10 around Christmas. It was fine when I got it, and I could open Chrome perfectly fine. Now it says "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings". It just randomly showed up one day, I...
  8. Chrome browser is not opening in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome browser is not opening in windows 10: I am not able to open chrome browser in windows 10 it just open do some process for few minutes and again close https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser-is-not-opening-in-windows-10/3c636919-7fe9-4c3e-99ce-646388e88c38
  9. Can't open chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open chrome: Whenever I try and open chrome it says I need a new app to open it. If I try and search for an app the results are nothing. I have tried reinstalling it but it still pops up with the same message How do I fix this?...
  10. Can't open chrome

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't open chrome: I can't open chrome on my windows 10 laptop. When I open it I get a box saying you'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc. However, when I click it it just brings me to the windows store home and I can't get an app to open chrome....