Windows 10: Can't open Chrome?

Discus and support Can't open Chrome? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Okay so I have Windows 10 right now and I wanted to download Chrome, so I did. However, once I went to go and run Chrome for the rest of the setup, I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Alex R.R., Dec 21, 2021.

1. Alex R.R. Win User

Can't open Chrome?

Okay so I have Windows 10 right now and I wanted to download Chrome, so I did. However, once I went to go and run Chrome for the rest of the setup, I get a pop-up saying, "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask." So naturally, I hit the "ask to use" button. However, there are some issues with that:I don't know who it's asking when I click the button.I've tried to troubleshoot on my own and removed all accounts from the family account.I'm an adult with child safety settings I didn't know were on my accou

:)

Alex R.R., Dec 21, 2021
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Dec 21, 2021
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 21, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Can't open Chrome?

Chrome won't open any page [Solved]

I started my laptop and found out that chrome did not load any page for some reason, not even settings pages.
    I've tried re-installing chrome, and disabling comodo firewall, it does not help.
    Anyone having suggestions how to fix this?

P4-630, Dec 21, 2021
Thema:

Can't open Chrome?

1. Can't open Chrome? - Similar Threads - Can't open Chrome

2. Can't game if chrome is open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't game if chrome is open: I'm having an issue while gaming if Google Chrome is open. It slows down the game BADLY and gives input lag on my keyboard. So I can't have a video or music on the background with the browser opened at all. I thought was only with YouTube but also with twitch and kick. I...
  3. Can't game if chrome is open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't game if chrome is open: I'm having an issue while gaming if Google Chrome is open. It slows down the game BADLY and gives input lag on my keyboard. So I can't have a video or music on the background with the browser opened at all. I thought was only with YouTube but also with twitch and kick. I...
  4. Can't open Chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Chrome?: Okay so I have Windows 10 right now and I wanted to download Chrome, so I did. However, once I went to go and run Chrome for the rest of the setup, I get a pop-up saying, "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings,...
  5. Can't open Chrome?

Can't open Chrome?: Okay so I have Windows 10 right now and I wanted to download Chrome, so I did. However, once I went to go and run Chrome for the rest of the setup, I get a pop-up saying, "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings,...
  6. Can't open chrome browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't open chrome browser: Just got a new laptop and tried to download and install Google Chrome browser using Microsoft 10 home operating system. For some reason, when I click on the icon, it seems like I can't open the browser. I have tried all the suggestions on the internet but still unable to get...
  7. Can't open chrome

Can't open chrome: Hi! So I got a new windows 10 around Christmas. It was fine when I got it, and I could open Chrome perfectly fine. Now it says "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings". It just randomly showed up one day, I...
  8. Can't open chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open chrome: Whenever I try and open chrome it says I need a new app to open it. If I try and search for an app the results are nothing. I have tried reinstalling it but it still pops up with the same message How do I fix this?...
  9. Can't open chrome

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't open chrome: I can't open chrome on my windows 10 laptop. When I open it I get a box saying you'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc. However, when I click it it just brings me to the windows store home and I can't get an app to open chrome....
  10. Can't open google chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't open google chrome: Hi ! So I connected my xbox account to the pc to see how it goes( I have a child account on xbox so I had to give an adult account to play the games ) and the next day I can't open Google Chrome. It says "Ask for permission". I looked on youtube, google, haven't found...