Windows 10: Can't open command prompt cmd.exe

Discus and support Can't open command prompt cmd.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I am unable to open cmd.exe command prompt since a few days and I'm worried it is malware or a virus. Bitdefender doesn't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FilipDiliën, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Can't open command prompt cmd.exe

Hello everybody,

I am unable to open cmd.exe command prompt since a few days and I'm worried it is malware or a virus.

Bitdefender doesn't find anything unusual and I also ran Malwarebytes, but also negative.

Also I tried running command prompt as administrator or via powershell, but that didn't work either.

Can anybody please help me with this issue?

Thank you very much.

:)

FilipDiliën, Dec 23, 2018
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Dec 23, 2018
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Can't open command prompt cmd.exe

.txt will open open in Command Prompt

I don't know why but no matter what I do .txt will only open in CMD prompt and I have right click and go to open with every time which is annoying cause I use .txts a lot for noting stuff down in.

Aceman.au, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Can't open command prompt cmd.exe

1. Can't open command prompt cmd.exe - Similar Threads - Can't open command

2. Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.: My CMD was working fine until I had to uninstall Anaconda from my system. After that the CMD prompt stopped working. When running CMD even as administrator, it opened the window but immediately got closed. The problem was not from PATH variables. Even directly going to...
  3. Can't open my command prompt

Can't open my command prompt: Every time I switch on my laptop It opens once and then minimizes post which I am not able to open it again. In my task manager, i can see "cmd.exe' among processes but i'm not able to access it. Please help me...
  4. [FIXED] Can't open command prompt cmd on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [FIXED] Can't open command prompt cmd on windows 10: Hi, So, recently I've had this weird bug that I can't open my command prompt in normal mode or admin, the only way to open it is if I create a new user on my computer, this way I can open it but only in the new user session. When trying to open it it flashes, opens and...
  5. Can't open command prompt cmd on windows 10

Can't open command prompt cmd on windows 10: Hi, So, recently I've had this weird bug that I can't open my command prompt in normal mode or admin, the only way to open it is if I create a new user on my computer, this way I can open it but only in the new user session. When trying to open it it flashes, opens and...
  6. All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt

All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt: I was using Blender for a project, and I tried opening its own file type in it, which is .blend, but it wasn't associated with that application. So I went to a .blend file's properties, and choose the app blender.exe for it to be opened in. Guess what, every program's icon...
  7. Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit: Hi, I can't open .exe file anymore. When I double click on I have this pop up asking how I want to open .exe file. Do you know how I can fix this problem whereas I can't open cmd or regedit ? [IMG] [IMG]...
  8. Check disk at command prompt CMD

Check disk at command prompt CMD: Hello,I also appealed to the Microsoft community where I also have a request to you, and those to ask you to give me all the useful check disk commands in the command prompt CMDThank you!Wait for response!A good day!...
  9. Check disk in command prompt CMD

Check disk in command prompt CMD: Hello, I also appealed to the Microsoft community in which I also have a request to you, and those to ask you to give me all the useful command disk commands in command prompt CMD Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  10. regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open: regedit, command prompt does not show run as administrator option and also does not open any .exe files on my windows 10 laptop.it says to look for an app in Microsoft store....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open cmd.exe

2. cant open cmd user profile problem

3. when cmd prompt trying to open bsod