Windows 10: Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10

Discus and support Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can't open my computer and fortunately have another computer to type this question. I am totally locked out . I updated the BIOS firmware on my HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Elmo1950, May 11, 2021.

1. Elmo1950 Win User

Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10

I can't open my computer and fortunately have another computer to type this question. I am totally locked out . I updated the BIOS firmware on my HP Desktop and then when the computer restarted it came to this screen:Your PIN is no longer available due to change to security settings on this device. Click to setup your PIN againThen it asks for my password for my Microsoft account and then it sends a passcode to my email and when I input this it says:Are you sure?You should only reset PIN if you forget it or it stopped working. If you reset your PIN apps might require you to sign in again

:)

Elmo1950, May 11, 2021
  2. cestout Win User

Typing a "t" opens a new window?

I have read the other similar posts. This is a desk top (Tower) computer and it happens frequently but not every time, it is lower case t, and it happens in just about any program - outlook, word, excel, mspub, but it has opened a browser at times. The
    new window is always different, al list of some kind. I put the curser back next to the t and the new window goes away. It is like a hot key, but not a combination (ctrl +) ane the window opened varies. Quite annoying and inconvenient! This happened in
    Windows 7 and still in Windows 10.

cestout, May 11, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 11, 2021
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't Open computer

2. Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10. Also my keyboard won't type...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10. Also my keyboard won't type...: I don't know what is going on, but my keyboard won't type anything. Microsoft want me to enter a pincode or password. I need help please!!!! I work from home and therefore need my laptop. It's like Microsoft have my laptop locked....
  3. Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10. Also my keyboard won't type...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10. Also my keyboard won't type...: I don't know what is going on, but my keyboard won't type anything. Microsoft want me to enter a pincode or password. I need help please!!!! I work from home and therefore need my laptop. It's like Microsoft have my laptop locked....
  4. Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10. Also my keyboard won't type...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't setup Windows Hello Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't setup Windows Hello Pin: It crashes itself everytime I press add it opened Microsoft Account and crashes https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ndT2ind-OX_UrHdRQA9mdSuZt9Tzd9YD/view?usp=sharingvideo link btw...
  6. I can't setup Windows Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't setup Windows Hello Pin: It crashes itself everytime I press add it opened Microsoft Account and crashes https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ndT2ind-OX_UrHdRQA9mdSuZt9Tzd9YD/view?usp=sharingvideo link btw...
  7. I can't setup Windows Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Open computer as I can't setup a new PIN in Windows 10: Cannot open Microsoft surface 2 after a download of an update. The first screen is to sign in and when I try to sign in it is asking me to create a pin number. I have created a pin for my Microsoft account using another device but I am still not able to get pass this first...
  9. can't setup "PIN" to login to windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't setup "PIN" to login to windows: [ATTACH] this is a weird problem. i logged into my college email using the Mail app in windows 10. after that i got a message that tells me that i need to setup a new PIN to login to windows (my old PIN was 4 digits) and the new Required one should be more than 6 digits....
  10. My Windows 10 Setup can't be opened on my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 Setup can't be opened on my computer.: I'm trying to upgrade from windows 10 32bit to windows 10 64bit Yes, my processor is capable, as it says "x64 based processor". I installed my media installation tool, installed windows 10 on a flash drive with no problems, but now when I try to run the setup from my flash...