Windows 10: Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11

Discus and support Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So when i try to open device manager, i get this error - "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ben Paul Thankachan, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11

So when i try to open device manager, i get this error - "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.".When I tried to manage "This PC", it gives the error "This file foes not have any app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app....". Same error pops up when i try to open Computer Manager.I tried opening services, and for some reason its not opening and when i try to open it from its file location, it gives the error - "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on

:)

Ben Paul Thankachan, Jan 1, 2023

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11 [​IMG]

AphexDreamer, Jan 1, 2023
  3. Unable to Connect to Logical Disk Manager Service Error in Computer Management

WELL, I'll be an "S.O.B."! I got it... lol, just now!

Apparently, & I am going to record this & BOOKMARK/FAV it in my webbrowsers as "HOW TO FIX LOGICAL DISK MANAGER HASSLES" (lol), it is SOMETHING in my services!

You need THIS list of them running (provided you have them online that is, some OS won't have SOME of these (this is Windows Server 2003) & some are 3rd party & won't matter):

Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11 [​IMG]

* NO SAFE MODE REQUIRED - THIS FIXED IT, PURELY SERVICES RELATED... oddly, no "dependencies" other than the ones the services need (RPC & Plug n Play) are listed in the 2 services for Logical Disk Management... it's like MS missed (somehow) the fact that there IS other dependencies on other services than what they list!

That list above is PROBABLY "overkill" & it is only a fraction of that list above, but the point is there... with ALL of those active? Logical Disk Manager "gets its act together" again & works!

APK

P.S.=> BRB, with screenshot of services & their startup status needed for this to work, in case anyone else hits this... it is a real you-know-what if you can't get to a disk to format it, lol... so, recording it for everyone's sake! apk

Alec§taar, Jan 1, 2023
  4. Darknova Win User

Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11

No hardware listed in Device manager?

Humour me, go into task manager and kill rundll32.exe and then re-open device manager.

Darknova, Jan 1, 2023
Thema:

Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11

1. Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11 - Similar Threads - Can't open device

2. Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11: So when i try to open device manager, i get this error - "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.".When I tried to manage "This PC", it gives the error "This file foes not have any app...
  3. Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update: It says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.". I am the admin of my laptop.When I tried to manage "This PC", it gives the error "This file foes not have any app associated with it for...
  4. Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update: It says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.". I am the admin of my laptop.When I tried to manage "This PC", it gives the error "This file foes not have any app associated with it for...
  5. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  6. Computer management not opening on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer management not opening on Windows 11: Whenever I try to open Computer management on windows 11, I always receive the following error. I have tried fixing it through registry editor and group policy but nothing effective. Tell me how do I fix this problem. I got this Windows 11 through participating in the beta...
  7. Computer management not opening on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer management not opening on Windows 11: Whenever I try to open Computer management on windows 11, I always receive the following error. I have tried fixing it through registry editor and group policy but nothing effective. Tell me how do I fix this problem. I got this Windows 11 through participating in the beta...
  8. Computer Management, Event Viewer, Services, and Device Manager can't open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Management, Event Viewer, Services, and Device Manager can't open.: When I try to open any of these, I get this: https://imgur.com/a/u3siHLk I'm on an administrator account, and I still cannot open these. I tried different things like using Run with Windows+R and typing devmgmt.msc, trying to go in the Windows+X Power User menu, but that...
  9. Device Manager refuses to open along with Computer Management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Manager refuses to open along with Computer Management: I keep getting this dialog box when I try to open device manager. I cant figure out what to do. Please help me! submitted by /u/qwertysparrow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i54b3d/device_manager_refuses_to_open_along_with/
  10. Device Manager is not in the Computer Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager is not in the Computer Management: It's strange that Device Manager is not in the Computer Management on my Win10. It was there yesterday, but I don't know why it disappeared. Any method of adding it back? Thanks! 57408