Windows 10: Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update

Discus and support Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.". I am the admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ben Paul Thankachan, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update

It says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.". I am the admin of my laptop.When I tried to manage "This PC", it gives the error "This file foes not have any app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app....". Same error pops up when i try to open Computer Manager.I can run other files using admin privileges....even the command prompt. But for some reason i cant open device manager or anything related to it.

:)

Ben Paul Thankachan, Dec 25, 2022

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Dec 25, 2022
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Dec 25, 2022
  4. AndreePin Win User

Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Dec 25, 2022
Thema:

Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update

1. Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update - Similar Threads - Can't open device

2. Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Quick Ways to Open Device Manager in Windows 11: Device Manager is a handy tool in Windows 11 if you need to check your hardware specifications or update drivers. Despite its importance to many users, there isn’t a shortcut on the taskbar or a quick-launch icon for it. That doesn’t mean it’s challenging to open and find....
  3. Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11: So when i try to open device manager, i get this error - "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.".When I tried to manage "This PC", it gives the error "This file foes not have any app...
  4. Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open device manager, Computer Manager, or Services in windows 11: So when i try to open device manager, i get this error - "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.".When I tried to manage "This PC", it gives the error "This file foes not have any app...
  5. Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open device manager in windows 11 after update: It says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.". I am the admin of my laptop.When I tried to manage "This PC", it gives the error "This file foes not have any app associated with it for...
  6. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  7. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  8. Cannot open Device manager - Blocked after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Device manager - Blocked after windows update: Firstly - why have so many other threads been locked or moved WITHOUT stating wee moved to eg this one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-device-manager-in-windows-10-blocked-by/70e3a320-6ffe-4df3-9a5f-b9611e864a5c and most of these...
  9. Can't access device manager after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't access device manager after update: Since the new update, I can not access device manager or the control panel. I can't restore or back up or anything. I've tried the CMD, but windows will not let me do anything as it says I have to be in the administrator mode. I am in the administrator mode. Is there anyway...
  10. Device Manager will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Manager will not open: I cannot open Device Manager. I get a message: "Cannot save the archive 'control.zip' to the folder . . .". This also happens with other commands. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-will-not-open/ae659dd3-3168-4a28-835d-756d4295dd77