Windows 10: Can't open devmgmt.msc

Discus and support Can't open devmgmt.msc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After resetting Windows 10, the cursor on my laptop is disappears. Maybe it is because the pointer driver. Some guides ask me to open device manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FajarAditya, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Can't open devmgmt.msc

After resetting Windows 10, the cursor on my laptop is disappears. Maybe it is because the pointer driver. Some guides ask me to open device manager (devmgmt.msc) but when I tried to open it, the error Windows from mmc appears and said "Unable to make new document". Can someone help me?

Sorry for my bad grammar

:)

FajarAditya, Mar 16, 2019

2. .msc files does not open in windows 10

Thank you for the response,

• yes i always use Administrative Tools, and yes there is a
      certain updates which made my laptop crushes (2 updates)

Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 (KB4033637)

Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214)

take down internet connection with websites

i can't open the antivirus,
      start menu,sticky notes,cortana...

when i delete them every thing back to normal (but .msc does not open)

last thing i reset my internet connection and it all worked for me with some steps like sfc /scannow
    • I have no problem with another extension...exe,rar,jpg,mp3 there are all works
    • by System File Checker tool you
      mean sfc /scannow >>>

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

yazan saleh, Mar 16, 2019
  3. .msc files does not open in windows 10

Hi,

This error may occur if the file is missing or damaged. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Can you open .msc files on your computer before? If yes, are there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried opening other files? If yes, are you experiencing the same error?
    • What is the result after running the System File Checker tool?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Can't open devmgmt.msc

Can't open .msc files

Hello Ivan,

We're just checking if you still need assistance with regard to opening .MSC files. If so, try to open .MSC files on a new user profile. To create a new user profile, you may refer to the link below:

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows

We're looking forward to your response.

Hector Mad, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Can't open devmgmt.msc

1. Can't open devmgmt.msc - Similar Threads - Can't open devmgmt

2. .msc files are defaulted to open under Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .msc files are defaulted to open under Windows Media Player: I recently needed to reboot a service on my computer and found that I am not able to open services.msc because it's defaulted to open under Windows Media Player.I tried to reset the default app to open the .msc file type but couldn't figure out how, or what app to set it to...
  3. .msc files are defaulted to open under Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .msc files are defaulted to open under Windows Media Player: I recently needed to reboot a service on my computer and found that I am not able to open services.msc because it's defaulted to open under Windows Media Player.I tried to reset the default app to open the .msc file type but couldn't figure out how, or what app to set it to...
  4. .msc files are defaulted to open under Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?: I am getting an error message trying to run mscwindows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized My pc shut down on overheat and trouble shooting needs to run mscHow do I correct?...
  6. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?: I am getting an error message trying to run mscwindows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized My pc shut down on overheat and trouble shooting needs to run mscHow do I correct?...
  7. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. get/devmgmt/mediahandlingdyn.xml

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    get/devmgmt/mediahandlingdyn.xml: My LaserJet Pro M203 is randomly printing pages of code. It will print several pages with the following command on several lines: GET?DevMgmt/MediaHandlingDyn.xml HTTP/1.1. Then it will print a page with the following command listed one time:...
  9. Pinning .msc Items to "Start".

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning .msc Items to "Start".: Ok so, I know that I can right click on something in the Start Menu and click "Pin To Start". . . Is there any possible way that I could pin "gpedit.msc" to Start? 136694
  10. Running msc files in Admin ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running msc files in Admin ?: If I want to run Group Policy editor in administration mode, what command must be used before gpedit.msc so the group policy editor runs in Administrator mode ? 49226

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open devmgmt.msc

2. how to delete file mmc.exe from devmgmt.msc