Windows 10: Can't open devmgmt.msc

Discus and support Can't open devmgmt.msc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After resetting Windows 10, the cursor on my laptop is disappears. Maybe it is because the pointer driver. Some guides ask me to open device manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FajarAditya, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Can't open devmgmt.msc

After resetting Windows 10, the cursor on my laptop is disappears. Maybe it is because the pointer driver. Some guides ask me to open device manager (devmgmt.msc) but when I tried to open it, the error Windows from mmc appears and said "Unable to make new document". Can someone help me?

Sorry for my bad grammar

:)

FajarAditya, Mar 16, 2019

2. .msc files does not open in windows 10

Thank you for the response,

• yes i always use Administrative Tools, and yes there is a
      certain updates which made my laptop crushes (2 updates)

Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 (KB4033637)

Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214)

take down internet connection with websites

i can't open the antivirus,
      start menu,sticky notes,cortana...

when i delete them every thing back to normal (but .msc does not open)

last thing i reset my internet connection and it all worked for me with some steps like sfc /scannow
    • I have no problem with another extension...exe,rar,jpg,mp3 there are all works
    • by System File Checker tool you
      mean sfc /scannow >>>

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

yazan saleh, Mar 16, 2019
  3. .msc files does not open in windows 10

Hi,

This error may occur if the file is missing or damaged. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Can you open .msc files on your computer before? If yes, are there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried opening other files? If yes, are you experiencing the same error?
    • What is the result after running the System File Checker tool?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Can't open devmgmt.msc

Can't open .msc files

Hello Ivan,

We're just checking if you still need assistance with regard to opening .MSC files. If so, try to open .MSC files on a new user profile. To create a new user profile, you may refer to the link below:

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows

We're looking forward to your response.

Hector Mad, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Can't open devmgmt.msc

1. Can't open devmgmt.msc - Similar Threads - Can't open devmgmt

2. Can't Open iTunes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Open iTunes: Can't open iTunes after the last update. Anybody know the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-itunes/a26f8ff5-289f-4c10-8ccc-c3785f6a0a29
  3. Can't open a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open a file: Hello! My problem is that the file does not open gives an error. What i need to do? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-a-file/0c308b2e-25e2-4b61-ac45-f465ea07a26b"
  4. Can't open links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open links: When on line, I don't seem to be able to open links when I click on them. What daft thing have I done now? Hope someone can help. Many thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-links/b0890bd8-53c1-4498-843f-d5538e302f1c
  5. This app can't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app can't open: Three days ago a number of apps including mail and Microsoft Solitaire have grayed out icons on the start menu with circle and an explanation point. When I click on the circle I get the message "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about …. I have...
  6. Can't open to screen an open program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't open to screen an open program: Using Windows 10, I have multiple screens setup (2 additional) to my laptop. I have a program that I have a shortcut on the taskbar for and have opened the program from that shortcut. When I hit ALT/TAB I can see the program is open, but when I select it, it doesn't display...
  7. Still having problems with MSC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still having problems with MSC: I am still having problems with Microsoft solitaire collection I have asked every source I know It is so strange that I can click on the M.S.C. 5 or 6 times and it goes through the act of starting and then fades away then on the 6TH time it will stay open and I can play as...
  8. Can't open settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open settings.: So I did the Windows 10 upgrade (WOOHOO!) Everything went smoothly during the install. As I was checking out the start menu I clicked on the little Settings cog in the lower left. All that happens when I do this is a super quick flash of what I assume is the settings window....
  9. 100% disk usage and unable to open .msc, e.g services devicemanager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% disk usage and unable to open .msc, e.g services devicemanager: Hi, Just need some help Basically i am unable to open any applications that end in .msc such as services or device manager, it comes up saying that i cant to open mmc.exe even though i am administrator, would really like some help and can specify more thoroughly if needed....
  10. Running msc files in Admin ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running msc files in Admin ?: If I want to run Group Policy editor in administration mode, what command must be used before gpedit.msc so the group policy editor runs in Administrator mode ? 49226