Windows 10: can't open document created using a Microsoft template

Discus and support can't open document created using a Microsoft template in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I created a document yesterday using a Microsoft Business letter template. I saved the document but I have done everything to open it and can't. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MSinMS, Oct 26, 2018.

1. MSinMS Win User

can't open document created using a Microsoft template

I created a document yesterday using a Microsoft Business letter template. I saved the document but I have done everything to open it and can't. I had to do a search on my pc to find it and it tells me that the shortcut has been moved or changed. How can I open this document?

:)

MSinMS, Oct 26, 2018
  2. dougzwld Win User

C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates folder contains templates that can be used to create new documents from.

How do I stop printing this page every time I print a page

C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates folder contains templates that can be used to create new documents from.

dougzwld, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Office template documents

Is it possible to create new template documents (Word or Excel) in the WP8 Office?

wp8User123, Oct 26, 2018
  4. can't open document created using a Microsoft template

Microsoft PDF and Document Writer not working

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

Please refer to:

Reader app for Windows: FAQ

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve XPS document writer issues.

• Right click on empty area on Desktop, click on Create and select New text document.

• Open the created text document and type some text (input text as you desire, save and close text file)

• Again open the text document, click on File tab and click on Print.

• Select the Microsoft XPS writer and click on Print button.

• You may select the location to save the file.
    Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

can't open document created using a Microsoft template

1. can't open document created using a Microsoft template - Similar Threads - can't open document

2. Account created, can't open Document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account created, can't open Document: Hi Created MS365 acc to open a MS Document on laptop. It still refers to MSOffice Try, Buy, Activate. New to system, sorry. Is there an easy way to open the document. Thank you...
  3. Account created, can't open Document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account created, can't open Document: Hi Created MS365 acc to open a MS Document on laptop. It still refers to MSOffice Try, Buy, Activate. New to system, sorry. Is there an easy way to open the document. Thank you...
  4. Right-click > Open for a Word template in Windows 11 creates a new document based on the...

Right-click > Open for a Word template in Windows 11 creates a new document based on the...: I do not know that this is a bug. It may be by design, but it is a change.I saw this in another forum and thought it should be passed on.The norm since at least Office 97 in Windows has been that if you right-click on a template file in Explorer and choose Open you open that...
  5. Right-click > Open for a Word template in Windows 11 creates a new document based on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click > Open for a Word template in Windows 11 creates a new document based on the...: I do not know that this is a bug. It may be by design, but it is a change.I saw this in another forum and thought it should be passed on.The norm since at least Office 97 in Windows has been that if you right-click on a template file in Explorer and choose Open you open that...
  6. Can't Create Text Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Create Text Documents: So I Can't Create Text Documents In Certain Folders Such As Program Files Because It Says I Have To Do It As Administrator Yet I Already Did It https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-text-documents/5a8b1011-bf35-4e50-9964-041f39516491
  7. Creating and using template documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating and using template documents: I'm a programmer coming back to Windows 11 from Linux after 2 years. And I have gotten used one particular feature that is extremely useful but seems to either be completely absent from Windows or is completely obscured from regular users because its hard to get working when...
  8. Creating and using template documents

Creating and using template documents: I'm a programmer coming back to Windows 11 from Linux after 2 years. And I have gotten used one particular feature that is extremely useful but seems to either be completely absent from Windows or is completely obscured from regular users because its hard to get working when...
  9. Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents

Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents: I am try to help my friend correct an issue. She update her Windows 7 operating system with Windows 10 version 1803, in doing so her previous application of Microsoft Works was not useable and called me for help. Windows 10 version 1803 is now updated to Windows 10 version...
  10. How can I create a template document using Avery 8164 while using word in Windows10? The...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I create a template document using Avery 8164 while using word in Windows10? The...: I need instructions on how to create a label template document (like Avery 8164) using Word in Windows 10? The usual guidelines do not seem to be working for me....