Windows 10: Cant open downloaded app after PC reset.

Discus and support Cant open downloaded app after PC reset. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So as the title says, I had to reset my PC because of the dreaded UNinstalling updates loop, after 4 days I gave up and reset the damn thing. Thing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Agustin DanielTrovisi, May 14, 2021.

1. Cant open downloaded app after PC reset.

So as the title says, I had to reset my PC because of the dreaded UNinstalling updates loop, after 4 days I gave up and reset the damn thing. Thing is i ran into an error I've never had before, Im trying to install TradingView, the desktop version and when I finish downloading it it opens up as wordpad with errors, Im trying 'open with another app' option but it gives me no better choices, here are the screens, thanks in advance!

:)

Agustin DanielTrovisi, May 14, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cant open downloaded app after PC reset. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, May 14, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

Cant open downloaded app after PC reset.

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Cant open downloaded app after PC reset. [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, May 14, 2021
Thema:

Cant open downloaded app after PC reset.

1. Cant open downloaded app after PC reset. - Similar Threads - Cant open downloaded

2. Cant download apps/Open apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download apps/Open apps from Microsoft Store: I cant download apps or open any Microsoft store installed apps including apps connected to gaming services. "We’re updating Gaming Services. It should be ready to use again shortly" get this error when trying it. Unable to update apps as well Tried the following:1. Running...
  3. Cant download apps/Open apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant download apps/Open apps from Microsoft Store: I cant download apps or open any Microsoft store installed apps including apps connected to gaming services. "We’re updating Gaming Services. It should be ready to use again shortly" get this error when trying it. Unable to update apps as well Tried the following:1. Running...
  4. Can't open app after reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open app after reseting: Hey after resetting an app I can't open it. For example I've tried to open the app through windows search but whenever I click it, it won't open/run. And when I try to get to the app's setting the app doesn't appear there. App > Apps & Features....
  5. Can't open app after reseting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open app after reseting: Hey after resetting an app I can't open it. For example I've tried to open the app through windows search but whenever I click it, it won't open/run. And when I try to get to the app's setting the app doesn't appear there. App > Apps & Features....
  6. cant open microsoft store after resetting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cant open microsoft store after resetting: hi!my microsoft store kept giving me an error when i wanted to dowload any app, so i went to my settings and resetted microsoft store.now it dissapeard, i cant find microsoft store in my settings and if i search it, it shows up but i cant open it. please help!thank you!...
  7. Cant Download Apps!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant Download Apps!: I need help now!!!! Cant download apps from Windows Store! This is so frustrating!!!!! ASAP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apps/4648f487-8b7f-4f03-ba5c-5a30e98e44eb
  8. How to Open the Apps After Resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Open the Apps After Resetting: I just reset my pcwindows 10 and I selected the option that keeps my personal files. When the reset was completed, not all programs and applications were uninstalled. In fact, most of my applications are still here and if I just create a shortcut to the programs, I can still...
  9. cant download an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant download an app: Laptop gives the message QuickSetting.exe - System Error. The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing. Try reinstallig the program to fix this problem......I need to know what I need to downlaod tp fix the problem...
  10. App will not download and open after paying for it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App will not download and open after paying for it: ASA Sailing app will not download after paying for it . It keeps pushing me back to Microsoft store to download again . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-will-not-download-and-open-after-paying-for-it/2972467c-f902-4626-bcf7-14b0d0ab47f3