Windows 10: Can't open encrypted Zip Files

Discus and support Can't open encrypted Zip Files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get encrypted ZIP files from trusted emails. They download to a Zip Folder, I click on the Folder and it takes me to the File. When I click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Spoons53, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Spoons53 Win User

Can't open encrypted Zip Files

I get encrypted ZIP files from trusted emails. They download to a Zip Folder, I click on the Folder and it takes me to the File. When I click on the file, to extract it, or use the Extract Icon, I get a error dialogue saying the files can't be created.

If I use 7-Zip, I can open the same file with no issues. It's just clumsy to have to use 7-Zip when Win 10 is supposed to do the same thing.

:)

Spoons53, Jun 30, 2019
  2. SarahKong Win User

Encrypted Zip Files

Then i am sorry to say you will not be able to open that encrypted zip file.

You need a key in order to open it.

SarahKong, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Windows phone try to open zip and encrypt files

Hi ClaudiaWillunat,

Thank you for posting in the forum.

I understand that you would like to open Zip and encrypt files on your Windows Phone 8.

Information regarding encrypt files you can find in this thread:

cant open documents due to encryption

And information regarding zip files in those threads;

Zip and other files support in mail.

zip format

Thanks for your contribution to the forums!

Kind Regards,

Michal TR

Michal TR., Jun 30, 2019
  4. Can't open encrypted Zip Files

Windows phone try to open zip and encrypt files

Hi,

I have a Windows phone Nokia lumia and I can not open zip and encrypt files. Does anybody know what I need to do to open these files on my phone?

Thanks,

ClaudiaWillunat, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Can't open encrypted Zip Files

1. Can't open encrypted Zip Files - Similar Threads - Can't open encrypted

2. Zip files can't be uncompressed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip files can't be uncompressed: So WinRar was notifying me that I had to pay for their software or delete it from my computer. I deleted it as I already had another application on my computer that did the same thing (7-Zip). There is now no option to "Extract" or "Extract All" anywhere when I right-click. I...
  3. How to open zipped files

How to open zipped files: I cannot open a zipped file.I get these errors:[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-zipped-files/e919b2a9-4ec3-46c1-91e3-d2812c09b6b4"
  4. Unable to open .zip files

Unable to open .zip files: Hey so I'm unable to open .zip files. I've done a system restore, downloaded WinRAR, among other things. Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-zip-files/b0733389-3aaf-4322-b6af-36c1f6c4abf0"
  5. Unable to open downloaded Zip Files

Unable to open downloaded Zip Files: Hi all, I recently installed windows 10 on the computer. However, when I download a folder from One Drive web onto my desktop - I am unable to open the file. The error shown is that it is unable to track the location of the Zip folder as per the current location. Please...
  6. Encrypted Zip Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encrypted Zip Files: How do you view the content of an encrypted zip file? I downloaded 7zip, or I can use the default program. I can also download any other program that may be better....
  7. Can't make zip file association

Can't make zip file association: In some magical way that Windows has, my zip files have become associated with Photoshop?????????? I cannot figuer out how to assign a zip association. Though there's a list of probably 50 .z## file types which i have NONE. There is no .zip association which i have many....
  8. Can't open Zip Files

Can't open Zip Files: When I click a zip file all the options are grayed out. If I right click I do not have an Extract option. If I click Send to Compressed (Zip ) folder it makes another copy in the same folder. What is the next step? How do I open zip this? Thank you [img] 40173
  9. I Can't Download Zip files

in Windows 10 Support
    I Can't Download Zip files: I also cannot edit any of my files. I get messages saying I have to have Admin permissions. I am the Admin. I want to get a web page up and running but if I can't edit files and download zips I'm screwed. Anybody know how fix this? I hate to think I paid $800 for a...
  10. Zips files will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Zips files will not open: I recently upgraded to Windows10 on my desktop Dell. Last week I attempted to unzip some files & open .tif files that had been saved when I was still running Windows 8.1. Previous to the upgraded I never had a issue unzipping these files and they are always from the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows open encrypted zip files