Windows 10: Can't open encrypted Zip Files

Discus and support Can't open encrypted Zip Files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get encrypted ZIP files from trusted emails. They download to a Zip Folder, I click on the Folder and it takes me to the File. When I click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Spoons53, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Spoons53 Win User

Can't open encrypted Zip Files

I get encrypted ZIP files from trusted emails. They download to a Zip Folder, I click on the Folder and it takes me to the File. When I click on the file, to extract it, or use the Extract Icon, I get a error dialogue saying the files can't be created.

If I use 7-Zip, I can open the same file with no issues. It's just clumsy to have to use 7-Zip when Win 10 is supposed to do the same thing.

:)

Spoons53, Jun 30, 2019
  2. SarahKong Win User

Encrypted Zip Files

Then i am sorry to say you will not be able to open that encrypted zip file.

You need a key in order to open it.

SarahKong, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Windows phone try to open zip and encrypt files

Hi ClaudiaWillunat,

Thank you for posting in the forum.

I understand that you would like to open Zip and encrypt files on your Windows Phone 8.

Information regarding encrypt files you can find in this thread:

cant open documents due to encryption

And information regarding zip files in those threads;

Zip and other files support in mail.

zip format

Thanks for your contribution to the forums!

Kind Regards,

Michal TR

Michal TR., Jun 30, 2019
  4. Can't open encrypted Zip Files

Windows phone try to open zip and encrypt files

Hi,

I have a Windows phone Nokia lumia and I can not open zip and encrypt files. Does anybody know what I need to do to open these files on my phone?

Thanks,

ClaudiaWillunat, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Can't open encrypted Zip Files

1. Can't open encrypted Zip Files - Similar Threads - Can't open encrypted

2. Can't open Zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open Zip files: All of the sudden, I am not able to download and open a zip file. I had to install 7-Zip to get folders open. The zip file is coming from a secure server and never had any issues before. The zip file is part of a software program that shares projects that are built withing...
  3. Can't open Zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Zip files: All of the sudden, I am not able to download and open a zip file. I had to install 7-Zip to get folders open. The zip file is coming from a secure server and never had any issues before. The zip file is part of a software program that shares projects that are built withing...
  4. Can't open Zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't open a zip file in Windows 11

Can't open a zip file in Windows 11: I am running Windows 11 and I can't open, extract, delete or move a zip file. When ever I click or right click on the zip file the folder closes and I am looking at my desk top. This happens with any zip file....
  6. Zip File Encryption Troubles

Zip File Encryption Troubles: I've gotten myself in a bit of trouble. I stored 20GB of pictures in a zip file on my Windows 10 professional computer. I used the system compression tool send to zip file. I encrypted it using the system encryption tool checking Encryption under properties. I have the...
  7. Zip Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Zip Encryption: Is it really true that Windows 10 Home does not allow you to encrypt a Zip file??? Please tell me this isn't true. Any workarounds apart from downloading a 3rd party app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-encryption/62fd79d8-a674-4b37-9e87-28a2904cee4b
  8. opening a zip file

opening a zip file: Hello I am trying to open a zip file; when i extract all and go to the file it says file is empty. so i tried internet explorer because i used that before and it says file has a virus. but i know for a fact the file is safe. how can i get my file to open so i can safe it. it...
  9. Encrypted Zip Files

Encrypted Zip Files: How do you view the content of an encrypted zip file? I downloaded 7zip, or I can use the default program. I can also download any other program that may be better....
  10. Can't open Zip Files

Can't open Zip Files: When I click a zip file all the options are grayed out. If I right click I do not have an Extract option. If I click Send to Compressed (Zip ) folder it makes another copy in the same folder. What is the next step? How do I open zip this? Thank you [img] 40173

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open encrypted zip file

2. windows 10 open encrypted zip

3. cant open an encrypted zip file

4. windows cant extract encrypted zips,
  5. windows open encrypted zip files