Windows 10: Can't open Excel 2007 after latest windows update.

Discus and support Can't open Excel 2007 after latest windows update. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the latest windows 10 update, Excel won't open. I have the CD to try a reinstallation of Excel but my current computer doesn't have a CD reader... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alseger, Jun 12, 2020.

1. alseger Win User

Can't open Excel 2007 after latest windows update.

After the latest windows 10 update, Excel won't open. I have the CD to try a reinstallation of Excel but my current computer doesn't have a CD reader installed. I can install the CD reader from my old computer but I really don't want to waste my time if it's unlikely to work. I need access to my spreadsheets.

Is Excel 2007 compatible with this update?

Many other issues with the update but I will post them separately. I have wasted hours and hours on this. Very disappointed with the "Update."

:)

alseger, Jun 12, 2020

2. How to pin an Excel 2007 file to the W10 Start fly-out menu

I have W10 and Excel 2007.

I commonly use a file XYZ.xlsx, and I'd like to be able to do the following.

Click Start --> hover over the arrow to the right of Excel 2007 --> show jump list --> click on XYZ.xlsx, either under the "Pinned" or the "Recent" section.

However, when I do the steps above, nothing shows under "Pinned", even though I've pinned XYZ.xlsx inside Excel 2007, I've opened, saved and closed the file several times, etc. Somehow W10 still doesn't know this is a file I want to use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Vince

Uncle Vinny, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Richchad Win User
    Running Excel 2007 in Windows 10

I have tried with OFFice 12 which is Excel 2007 but all it does is open a blank Excel 2007, no file opens with it unless I then select to open it from the program... if I double click on an excel file it opens a blank Excel 2007 program only.....

Richchad, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Richchad Win User

Running Excel 2007 in Windows 10

I have read of many problems trying to get Excel or Office 2007 to work in Windows 10.

I have just aquired a new desktop PC with Windows 10 and at first copied across my Office 12 to the Microsoft office file, however it wouldn't run.

So I installed my original copy of Office 2007 and it now runs Excel and Word okay.

However I can open them with a shortcut and the select to open any file from the program, but if I select a folder with say an excel file and double click it to open, it shows a blank Excel 2007 spreadsheet.

If I try to select open with... it only shows Excel 2016 as an option, no Excel 2007

Anyone know how to fix this?

Richchad, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't open Excel 2007 after latest windows update. - Similar Threads - Can't open Excel

2. Can't open Photoshop after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open Photoshop after latest Windows 10 update: Hi, I have an old version of Photoshop 6.0.1 which now won't open after a Windows update today. I get an error that says 'sorry unable to continue because of a hardware or system error, sorry but this error is unrecoverable'. Asking on the Adobe help pages, people re saying...
  3. Excel not opening even after updating with latest version

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel not opening even after updating with latest version: No able to open the new created files from right click on the desktop. Uninstalled and reinstalled Office 365 but no success!!. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-not-opening-even-after-updating-with-latest/ae6e2e94-03ba-4d7b-a077-b826dd40fd12
  4. office excel 2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    office excel 2007: why do I keep getting an error in office 2007 STDOLE32.tlb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-excel-2007/b77a8896-af42-4b81-9012-8ab19c1963bc
  5. Word 2007 and Excel 2007 frozen. How to uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word 2007 and Excel 2007 frozen. How to uninstall: Both Word 2007 and Excel 2007 have frozen with the an error message "The parameter is incorrect." I cannot uninstall. Route was C:\Users\Wanda\appdata\roaming\microsoft\internetexplorer\quicklaunch\userpinned\taskbar\microsoftofficeword2007.Ink I tried every...
  6. After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open!: After Windows Update, EXCEL files will not open! I can see the XLS spreadsheets in the file preview window but get this error when attempting to open them: Sorry, we couldn't find C:/.....xls. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted? I can see it in the preview...
  7. Excel 2007 no graph after Win 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel 2007 no graph after Win 10 1903 update: I have an Excl 2007 workbook with data and graphs. The data is still there but the graphs that are on separate sheets are no longer viewable. I can create a graph on a workbook sheet but when I move it to a graph sheet is not viewable. If I move the graph sheet back to the...
  8. Windows 10 and Excel 2007 and DTNIQ

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 and Excel 2007 and DTNIQ: I used to be run 14 different spreadsheets with DDE links to the DTNIQ feed to save the input time. Now I cannot run any spreadsheet with the DDE Link. Windows 10 kills all Macros. It does the same with excel 2019. Worse yet, it automatically links all the spreadsheets...
  9. Excel 2007 Won'l load complex spreadsheets after this morning's update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Excel 2007 Won'l load complex spreadsheets after this morning's update: Two days ago, Windows Update deleted my printer and its drivers from my system. I was able to get the drivers from Canon and put everything back together, but was not happy about it. Then this morning I found that another update had caused Excel 2007 to choke and fail to load...
  10. Running Excel 2007 in Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Running Excel 2007 in Windows 10: I have read of many problems trying to get Excel or Office 2007 to work in Windows 10. I have just aquired a new desktop PC with Windows 10 and at first copied across my Office 12 to the Microsoft office file, however it wouldn't run. So I installed my original copy of...