Windows 10: Can't open excel documents

Discus and support Can't open excel documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I download excel documents on windows 10 I can't open them, not with excel nor sheets, those apps don't show up when I try to choose an app to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RadiIrina, May 9, 2022.

1. RadiIrina Win User

Can't open excel documents

If I download excel documents on windows 10 I can't open them, not with excel nor sheets, those apps don't show up when I try to choose an app to open the file with. They do have the ".xlxs" at the end but the pc doesn't recognize them for some reason. I tried with files sent by someone else or to download statistics from sites, still nothing. This happend all of the sudden, I didn't had this problem before since I've installed windows 10. I think it's worth to mention, I have excel 2010, but also the 365 excel and sheets apps.

:)

RadiIrina, May 9, 2022

2. Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

Have the same problem, here are my conditions:

- Windows 10 Professional x64.

- Office 2007 Ultimate.

- Opening Word and Excel documents is slow when Word/Excel not currently open/running.

- Opening the Word/Excel document with Word/Excel already open is fast/normal.

Solution is the same as reported:

1) Disable Cortana.

2) Restart Windows.

Step 2 is very important.

wayne_9901, May 9, 2022
  3. yapchagi Win User
    Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

in my case, I don't need to restart windows. Closing cortana completely will make opening word and excel files fast like usual.

yapchagi, May 9, 2022
  4. Can't open excel documents

Unable to print Excel documents on Windows 10.

Hello Gifford,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to print Excel documents on the computer running Windows 10.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if you are able to print other system documents or webpages using the printer?
    • Did you check if the printer is visible under Devices and Printers?

You will be able to print documents and web pages from the Printer if the device is online or showing working status under
    Devices and Printers.

If haven’t tried, I suggest you to check if you are able to print documents other than Excel documents or webpages using the printer.

Also check if the printer is listed under Devices and Printers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Devices and Drivers and select the top most search result.
    • Under Printers, check if the printer you are trying to print from is listed.
    • If yes, print a test Excel document and check if the device works.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Can't open excel documents

1. Can't open excel documents - Similar Threads - Can't open excel

2. Track each time Excel document is opened?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Track each time Excel document is opened?: I have an Excel document shared by multiple colleagues and I'd like to keep a running list of each time one of them opens the document. Is it possible to build a flow that would track this information? Possibly a spreadsheet that tracks the date it was opened and by who? If...
  3. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  4. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  5. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Can't open excel documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open excel documents: If I download excel documents on windows 10 I can't open them, not with excel nor sheets, those apps don't show up when I try to choose an app to open the file with. They do have the ".xlxs" at the end but the pc doesn't recognize them for some reason. I tried with files sent...
  7. Can't open excel documents

Can't open excel documents: If I download excel documents on windows 10 I can't open them, not with excel nor sheets, those apps don't show up when I try to choose an app to open the file with. They do have the ".xlxs" at the end but the pc doesn't recognize them for some reason. I tried with files sent...
  8. Can't attach Excel document to gmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't attach Excel document to gmail: Recently, I tried many times to attached an Excel document to gmail, but it didn't go through. Could anybody give me a hand? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-attach-excel-document-to-gmail/0f635654-8b1b-4b07-ab2b-20a09c590b01
  9. Can't open documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open documents: In Word, trying to open documents w/i particular file. I get a pop-up: "Word experienced error trying to open the file. Try: -Check the file permissions for the document; -Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space; -Open the file with the Text Recovery...
  10. Can't open documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open documents: I have windows10 installed but some virus infected my firefox browser and i had no option but to refresh my pc which i didn't know would install windows again ,previously when i upgraded to windows 10 from windows7 .. i could see windows.old folder in which i had all my 7's...