Windows 10: Cant open exe apps from usb drive

Discus and support Cant open exe apps from usb drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please help with this error I checked very video and everything Microsoft had but it did not workWhen i plug it in to my router the exe open and works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robert Rafter, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Cant open exe apps from usb drive

Please help with this error I checked very video and everything Microsoft had but it did not workWhen i plug it in to my router the exe open and works any help

:)

Robert Rafter, Oct 8, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cant open exe apps from usb drive :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 8, 2022
  3. USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 8, 2022
  4. Cant open exe apps from usb drive

open USB

Hello,

When using a USB flash drive, no additional cables or adapters are required. To answer your query, you may refer to the steps below on how to open a USB flash drive:

• Plug your USB flash drive into an available USB port on your computer.
    • The drive will appear as a removable disk and will bring up a window showing the memory stick is now seen as a drive on your computer.
      You will also get a menu or options to use the device.
    • Select Open folder to view files.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 8, 2022
Thema:

Cant open exe apps from usb drive

1. Cant open exe apps from usb drive - Similar Threads - Cant open exe

2. Cant open exe apps from usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open exe apps from usb drive: Please help with this error I checked very video and everything Microsoft had but it did not workWhen i plug it in to my router the exe open and works any help...
  3. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant open a .exe: Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web...
  4. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open a .exe: Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web...
  5. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Issue with opening exe files and opening apps from taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with opening exe files and opening apps from taskbar: when i try and open exe files from my file browser or my desktop it comes up with "you'll need a new app to open this .exe file" and when i try and open apps from taskbar it says C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User...
  7. issue with open exe files and opening apps from taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    issue with open exe files and opening apps from taskbar: when i try and open exe files from my file browser or my desktop it comes up with "you'll need a new app to open this .exe file" and when i try and open apps from taskbar it says C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User...
  8. I cant open any EXE files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant open any EXE files: Windows 10 laptop, When I got this I was able to open EXE files but now I'm not sure why it has not been working and it says "Windows cannot find 'Supposed File' . Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again" (Also I'm not very computer wise so, sorry)...
  9. Cant open some .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant open some .exe files: I cannot open some .exe files in my desktop, even if i try open it in her folder, strange some apps open and some dont. The pop up says: "Windows cannot find "C: .exe" Make sure the name was typed correctly" [img] [img] 80284
  10. Launch app from USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Launch app from USB drive: I have just gotten Windows 10 Surface Pro(2017) which comes with 512GB SSD drive. I want to create a data partition out of this SSD. I know the W10 utility(disk management) appears to allow this, but I want to use a utility I have used for long time. My problem is that the...