Windows 10: Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

Discus and support Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I can't open .exe file anymore. When I double click on I have this pop up asking how I want to open .exe file. Do you know how I can fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Romu71d, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Romu71d Win User

Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

Hi,

I can't open .exe file anymore. When I double click on I have this pop up asking how I want to open .exe file.

Do you know how I can fix this problem whereas I can't open cmd or regedit ?

Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit [​IMG]

Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit [​IMG]

:)

Romu71d, Sep 30, 2020

2. .exe files and regedit not opening

So, I was trying to open a program and it said that .exe file not working. So, I searched the internet and it said that if I change the directory of .exe from regedit to "%1" %* but I wrote it as "%1"%*.

After I closed regedit after doing this then all my .exe files stopped working. It said that windows can't open this file.

I then knew that i did something wrong and should perhaps change it to the way it was. I tried opening regedit through various ways but it just doesn't open.

Help please!!! Thanks in advance...

PeeyushVerma, Sep 30, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

exe files and regedit

I can't access any of my exe files or regedit. Every time I double click on a program, Windows 10 tells me to find an app to open it. When regedit came up the first time, I looked up the steps to getting my exe files to be recognized by Windows 10 and
    that didn't work. Now, I can't get regedit to work! i am so frustrated. Could somebody help me and tell me what is going on here please?

JuniorHamilton1, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

1. Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit - Similar Threads - Can't open exe

2. exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open: exe files won't open browsers won't open regedit won't open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open and no safeboot all exe files turned white keeps asking how do you want to open this file...
  3. exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open: exe files won't open browsers won't open regedit won't open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open and no safeboot all exe files turned white keeps asking how do you want to open this file...
  4. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files: Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd....
  5. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files: Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd....
  6. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I can't open Exe files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't open Exe files?: [ATTACH] Hello, Unfortunately I cannot open any exe daiten anymore ... can anyone help me? I hand already tried everything ... Ich kann keine Exe Dateien öffnen?
  8. Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd: Some of my apps were not launching so I followed a Youtube tutorial and changed a value in .exe folder in registry but nothing changed so I went back and reversed the changes in registry. After doing that I cannot launch any .exe file, neither regedit nor cmd. And no system...
  9. Can't open .exe files

Can't open .exe files: I have Windows 10 home and can't open some files. The application exe does not appear but it appears in the task manager in back ground proccesses and it really annoys me because it can't play some games and run some software hopefully someone can help me...
  10. Can't open File .exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open File .exe: I can't open the Alienwarecommandcenter.exe and Alienware OC.exe. When I try to open the file, the administrators appear, I click ok but then the install file becomes white i've tried to run sfc scan but it told me that my computer don't have any problems. everything is Ok....