Windows 10: Can´t open files from a certain folder

Discus and support Can´t open files from a certain folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello internet, I have gotten a problem lately: I copied all camera photos/videos from my phonea Samsung Galaxy A70 as it were going for reparation.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eliiassons, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Can´t open files from a certain folder

Hello internet, I have gotten a problem lately:

I copied all camera photos/videos from my phonea Samsung Galaxy A70 as it were going for reparation.

Now i can´t open any of those photos or videos from the computerRunning Windows 10.

The app says that it doesn´t support the format of the file.JPEG, MP4 and PNG in this case

I have tried open it with various apps including the old Photo Gallery, Paint, the new Photo Gallery for windows 10called "Photos" right?, even Microsoft Word... There are no specific error code, the app is only saying that it doesn´t support the format...

I also have tried to move the files to other folders and open them, which doesn´t work either.

I still can open other files with those formats in other folders.

What should I do??

:)

eliiassons, Jun 15, 2020

2. SSD is Slow to Open Certain Folders

This.

This actually works but I'm wondering why do I have to do this? What's wrong with the folder? I did what you suggested with one of the folders and it opens instantaneously now. But do I have to do this with every folder that happens to open slowly? Why? What's the cause of this?

CerebralFreeze, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Can´t open files from a certain folder

Some files are missing in certain folders on Windows 10

I cannot get files in certain folders of my File Explorer. When I open Windows "updates" in Settings, it shows nothing, blank. Any suggestions?

Original title: Disjointed Windows

JanetChehoity, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Can´t open files from a certain folder

1. Can´t open files from a certain folder - Similar Threads - Can´t open files

2. File explorer open but i can`t see nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer open but i can`t see nothing: File explorer open but i can`t see nothing, sometimes not even hard drives or quick access on the left https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-open-but-i-cant-see-nothing/0e26a5e5-140c-48e3-b139-25d014739d30
  3. File explorer open but i can`t see nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer open but i can`t see nothing: File explorer open but i can`t see nothing, sometimes not even hard drives or quick access on the left https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-open-but-i-cant-see-nothing/0e26a5e5-140c-48e3-b139-25d014739d30
  4. CERTAIN SPECIFIC folders wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CERTAIN SPECIFIC folders wont open: Hi, i am trying to clear up some space on my computer. There are certain folders recommended by certain websites to be cleared out. They appear to be system folders that come with windows.I DO NOT CARE WHAT IS ESSENTIAL TO THE OPERATION OF WINDOWS. I will figure that out...
  5. Can you exclude certain files (not folders) from File History

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can you exclude certain files (not folders) from File History: I've been using File History & generally like the way it works. However, if I open a Word file, e.g. Utilities.doc, Word also creates a temporary file, ~$ilities.doc. If I have it open for awhile, File History may back up this file also. Over time, I've found various files...
  6. Certain folder in File Explorer keeps refreshing upon opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain folder in File Explorer keeps refreshing upon opening: I have a particular folder in my PC that I open frequently, which contains 20GB of large-sized DSLR photographs. Every time I open the folder, the photos are sorted to a default arrangement before taking a few seconds to refresh and revert back to the sorting arrangement I...
  7. Can''t open x box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can''t open x box: This error code Microsoft Mahjong is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001 how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-x-box/8ec38c89-655f-4d23-96d4-528ad06c279e
  8. SSD is Slow to Open Certain Folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD is Slow to Open Certain Folders: Hi, I purchase a new SSD (Samsung EVO 850) a few months ago. To open certain folders, it takes a very long time to open a folder, considering it's an SSD drive. It doesn't do with the majority of folders (even folders that contain a lot more data). I used Samsung Magician....
  9. This App can´t open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This App can´t open: Hi, Sorry for my poor english. Whit the UAC disabled (Registry> EnableLUA=0) I get the error message "The app can´t open", "...with the Built-in Administrator account. Try with another account". I get this message when I try to open any Windows App (Calender, Fotos,...
  10. Certain .exe files will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Certain .exe files will not open: Hello! I have a slightly odd problem. Certain .exe files (seemingly ones that don't require an install to run) on my laptop refuse to open, responding to different commands in different ways. When I first run them, I get a SmartScreen Filter alert. After pressing 'Run...