Windows 10: Can't open files images and videos with a grey X

Discus and support Can't open files images and videos with a grey X in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't open some videos and photos because there is a grey X on them. When i try to open them i dont get any error message and nothing happens. Here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RúbenMoreira1, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Can't open files images and videos with a grey X

I can't open some videos and photos because there is a grey X on them.

When i try to open them i dont get any error message and nothing happens.

Here you have a screeshot of what it looks like:

Can't open files images and videos with a grey  X 601c1dd9-ea09-4172-8cdc-0c9426897e9d?upload=true.png

:)

RúbenMoreira1, Oct 22, 2020
  2. iptsoe Win User

Unable to open Files in OneDrive Grey X

Evening all,

I've just been going through some of my files stored on OneDrive, and a considerable amount of data in my OneDrive folder won't open and is displaying a grey X in the corner is there any way for me to recover it?

Can't open files images and videos with a grey  X [​IMG]

iptsoe, Oct 22, 2020
  3. UNABLE TO OPEN IMAGES AND VIDEOS

Hi,

Have you tried performing the troubleshooting steps listed in the article given by
    Robert Caw? It was posted above.

As a workaround, you may try these steps:

• Right-click the photo or video.
    • You'll see a pop-up box, choose Open With.
    • Then choose Paint or Photos to open an image.

(There are also options to open videos when you click Open With.)

We look forward to your response.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Can't open files images and videos with a grey X

Grey X on file

Grey X on files and unable to access nor open them

NicolaMcFadden, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't open files images and videos with a grey X

1. Can't open files images and videos with a grey X - Similar Threads - Can't open files

2. Grey x on dropbox files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey x on dropbox files: HelloI have unsynced and resynced a dropbox folder and i can not open the files on windows 10. They appear with a grey x on them and i have contacted dropbox who have confirmed that the dropbox folder is synced up to date.I can open the files on the dropbox app and via the...
  3. Grey X on my files can’t open the file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Grey X on my files can’t open the file: I just woke up today and saw on my laptop. There was a Grey X on some of my folder and when i tried to open that folder it said “oops something went wrong”Idk what i happening but i need help....
  4. Grey X on my files can’t open the file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey X on my files can’t open the file: I just woke up today and saw on my laptop. There was a Grey X on some of my folder and when i tried to open that folder it said “oops something went wrong”Idk what i happening but i need help....
  5. Grey X on my files can’t open the file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. grey x on files

grey x on files: Hi Everyone, I have only recently got grey x across most of my files, both on the computer in my documents and in the backup on onedrive. The only way I now seem to be able to access these files is by logging in to onedrive through my web browser. Any iseas how to resolve...
  7. Grey X on files

Grey X on files: I am way under my storage limit with Dropbox however my files in that are in my Dropbox accountI try and access via my Windows OS are locked. The same files are accessible on the web Dropbox.. Please help...
  8. Grey X on file

Grey X on file: Grey X on files and unable to access nor open them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-x-on-file/bc824301-d005-47a6-99e4-83e86c1f8083
  9. Unable to open Files in OneDrive Grey X

Unable to open Files in OneDrive Grey X: Evening all, I've just been going through some of my files stored on OneDrive, and a considerable amount of data in my OneDrive folder won't open and is displaying a grey X in the corner is there any way for me to recover it? [img] 152548
  10. grey x's and unable to open

grey x's and unable to open: grey x's on my documents from word, excel and PDF and I'm unable to open anything. Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-xs-and-unable-to-open/d5b25658-fb8b-4099-a0dc-af8a19c2c79a"