Windows 10: Can't open files in excel, publisher or powerpoint

Discus and support Can't open files in excel, publisher or powerpoint in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't open any of my documents in excel, publisher or powerpoint. Word still works. It tells me to select an default ap but excel, powerpoint and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CindyH456, Apr 5, 2019.

1. CindyH456 Win User

Can't open files in excel, publisher or powerpoint

I can't open any of my documents in excel, publisher or powerpoint. Word still works. It tells me to select an default ap but excel, powerpoint and publisher are listed.

:)

CindyH456, Apr 5, 2019
  2. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Can't open files in excel, publisher or powerpoint :)

jaydeee, Apr 5, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User

Firstly, I am not that familiar with Powerpoint.
    I have only messed it with a few times.

Try this... Use one of these, or all of these, to open the file and see if they will run and save it:
    Kingsoft Office Suite Free 2012
    Lotus Symphony 3.0.1
    LibreOffice
    Apache OpenOffice 3.4.0

Some other info that may be of use:
    The PowerPoint FAQ - PowerPoint Help
    PowerPoint won't open my older PowerPoint presentations
    PowerPoint crashes while opening certain presentations
    If the file is password protected... Remove password from a password-protected PowerPoint file
    Recovering a corrupt presentation

Goodluck
    *Smile Can't open files in excel, publisher or powerpoint :)

95Viper, Apr 5, 2019
  4. techbuzz Win User

I have a very perplexing situation on my hands. *Bang Head :banghead:

I have 2 PowerPoint files that crash PowerPoint when attempting to open them. The problem is that this is only happening on some computers. All the machines I have attempted to open the files on are running Windows 7 and have Office 2010 installed. The computers also have Office 2010 SP1 install so I have ruled that out as an issue as well.

Any ideas?

techbuzz, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't open files in excel, publisher or powerpoint - Similar Threads - Can't open files

2. Powerpoint Can't Open This Type Of File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerpoint Can't Open This Type Of File: Recently used Recuva to recover a download I accidentally deleted. And every time I click on the download it shows this. I want to use the download normally again. Without having remake it or having to delete it. What should I do?...
  3. Powerpoint Can't Open This Type Of File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powerpoint Can't Open This Type Of File: Recently used Recuva to recover a download I accidentally deleted. And every time I click on the download it shows this. I want to use the download normally again. Without having remake it or having to delete it. What should I do?...
  4. Powerpoint can't open this type of file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerpoint can't open this type of file: Recently used recuva to recover a download I accidentally deleted. And everytime i click on the download it shows this just want to use the download normally. What should I do?...
  5. Powerpoint can't open this type of file

Powerpoint can't open this type of file: Recently used recuva to recover a download I accidentally deleted. And everytime i click on the download it shows this just want to use the download normally. What should I do?...
  6. powerpoint can't be opened

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    powerpoint can't be opened: hello. i have this problem lately, i can't open the ppt that i download from web. when i click the troubleshooter it said that my antivirus is not running correctly. how can i fix this?...
  7. Side by side configuration incorrect not opening Excel or Publisher

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Side by side configuration incorrect not opening Excel or Publisher: Hi, I am unable to open Excel or publisher files Word and powerpoint seem fine and am getting an error message saying that the application is failing to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. It says to look at application log and use command line...
  8. Opening the full Word or excel or powerpoint from icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening the full Word or excel or powerpoint from icons: After the recent update word opens in a screen where you have to open another doc to get to the programme - I want to open the programme not go through this screen. How can I revert to the much more useful opening - I am finding it extrememly difficult to fina answers. Word...
  9. Excel, word and Powerpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel, word and Powerpoint: I upgraded to Windows 10 but no longer have word , excel or powerpoint. I cannot open documents without these apps. How can i get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-and-powerpoint/c83a9936-e2e5-4e77-8546-b0b543435c3f"
  10. Can't open excel files

Can't open excel files: I cannot open excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-excel-files/3ca7d701-37cb-4496-8b40-00b2f602ea9e