Windows 10: Can't open files stored in e-mail since updating to W10

Discus and support Can't open files stored in e-mail since updating to W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Before I had W10, I would store important e-mails in e-mail files. When I upgraded to W10, I still have the titles of the files, but when I click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChrisC, Aug 7, 2018.

1. ChrisC Win User

Can't open files stored in e-mail since updating to W10

Before I had W10, I would store important e-mails in e-mail files. When I upgraded to W10, I still have the titles of the files, but when I click on them, they won't open. I've a lot of important info in those files I can't access, i.e. KEYS to programs. How can I open those e-mail files so I can copy and save them elsewhere?

:)

ChrisC, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Unable to open the e-mails in Mail app.

Hi Ali,

As an initial step, I suggest you to check for any pending updates in Windows. Follow the below steps;

• Press Windows key+ I to open the
      Settings.

• Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.

• Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

if the issue still persist, please refer to the below article and check the troubleshooting steps provided under
    You see a different error code or your problem isn't listed here.

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10hope
    you can open the e-mails.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't open files stored in e-mail since updating to W10 - Similar Threads - Can't open files

2. Can't open files since update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open files since update: Since the last update last week i am unable to open word documents, or power-points. It lets me open some word documents saved on my computer already but not new ones i need to download, and will not let me open any saved powerpoints already on my computer or new that i need...
  3. my e-mail is not opening

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my e-mail is not opening: my e-mail will not recieve mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-e-mail-is-not-opening/b5987835-fd44-4431-b9fe-1fa15beb0ed1
  4. can't open my e-mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't open my e-mail: why can't i open my e-mail to receive my e-mails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-my-e-mail/764f8ad3-a2f8-4eaf-9fec-15572e4d5c47
  5. Curious W10 Mail bug since 1809 Update

in Browsers and Email
    Curious W10 Mail bug since 1809 Update: I have 4 different mail accounts (Hotmail, Yahoo, Comcast, & Gmail) that I read in both Outlook 365 & W10 Mail. Although I usually read new messages in Outlook, I have W10 Mail configured to show a merged Inbox and then the Spam & Deleted Items folders for each account...
  6. E-Mail Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    E-Mail Updates: My E-Mail on this laptop does not update as messages are received. How can this be fixed? No problem with my Kindle or Dell laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-updates/f3133768-2042-400e-8a75-af3a340d50b8
  7. can't get e-mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't get e-mail: can't get e-mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/cant-get-e-mail/954839db-b113-48ae-a994-068c7803fa40
  8. "can't get e-mail".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "can't get e-mail".: All my e-mail accounts in Windows 10 Mail have "can't get e-mail" beside them. I am unable to access them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cant-get-e-mail/8e3f3e98-fdc7-4fd9-9291-3bdf4fa3c7ed
  9. Can't open Ubuntu since the latest Windows Store update of the app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't open Ubuntu since the latest Windows Store update of the app: Hello, I am running Ubuntu from the Windows Store and got a notification yesterday that the app was updated in the store. As soon as I opened the app, I am welcomed by this error : [ATTACH] As you noticed, the error mentions ubuntu1804. That's because I decided to...
  10. Opening e-mail attachachment

in Browsers and Email
    Opening e-mail attachachment: When you receive a e-mail attachment you are unable to open how do you open it?. 33230

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail updating cant open

2. cant open email in w10