Windows 10: Can't Open Files With Apps Downloaded From Store

Discus and support Can't Open Files With Apps Downloaded From Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Internet, Ok so let me give you a rundown of the situation. I have a windows 10 and a while ago I had installed VLC media. I set a setting and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PixelPoc, Jan 5, 2019.

1. PixelPoc Win User

Can't Open Files With Apps Downloaded From Store

Hello Internet,

Ok so let me give you a rundown of the situation. I have a windows 10 and a while ago I had installed VLC media. I set a setting and most of my audio files open with VLC. I uninstalled VLC because I didn't need it. Groove Music is fine. But now when trying to open those files that previously opened with VLC, It askes which application I want to open it with. So ok I know Groove Music is a part of the Windows 10 store so I click 'look for an app in the store' I search Groove Music and click on it. But there is no option to change it so my music file opens with it please help.

:)

PixelPoc, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't Open Files With Apps Downloaded From Store :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Jan 5, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Windows Store App stuck downloading but when refreshed changes amount downloaded.

Hi,

One possible reason why your download is stuck may be due to a corrupted file. We suggest that you try the following steps below:

Method 1: Sign out/sign in

• Open the Windows Store app.
    • Click on the account logo in the upper-right corner of the app, then click on your account name.
    • Click on you account name in the new box, then click Sign out.
    • Click on the icon in the upper-right corner again, then click Sign in and choose your account name again.

Method 2: Reset Windows Store cache

• Click Start, then type wsreset and select wsreset.
    • When the Store app opens, see if your downloads are working.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't Open Files With Apps Downloaded From Store - Similar Threads - Can't Open Files

2. App downloaded from Microsoft store can't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App downloaded from Microsoft store can't open: I have developed a private app using .Net 7.0 MAUI blazer and published to store. At start my users can download it and use it smoothly on win10. But today the app cannot open on Win10. When I click the app on win10 nothing happened. On win11 it is all good. I tried delete...
  3. App downloaded from Microsoft store can't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App downloaded from Microsoft store can't open: I have developed a private app using .Net 7.0 MAUI blazer and published to store. At start my users can download it and use it smoothly on win10. But today the app cannot open on Win10. When I click the app on win10 nothing happened. On win11 it is all good. I tried delete...
  4. App downloaded from Microsoft store can't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apps not opening and downloading from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not opening and downloading from Microsoft Store.: HelloI've been trying to use Kali Linux as WSL, but after enabling WSL, I can't download Kali Linux or any other app from the Microsoft Store. Then, after some searching, I was able to download AppxBundle from store.rg and install it. But when I tried to open it, nothing...
  6. Apps not opening and downloading from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not opening and downloading from Microsoft Store.: HelloI've been trying to use Kali Linux as WSL, but after enabling WSL, I can't download Kali Linux or any other app from the Microsoft Store. Then, after some searching, I was able to download AppxBundle from store.rg and install it. But when I tried to open it, nothing...
  7. Apps not opening and downloading from Microsoft Store.

8. Can't download app from Microsoft Store

Can't download app from Microsoft Store: I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 and it is not downloading. When I try to download it it says downloading for a couple seconds then says error. When I click see details it gives me the error code 0x80072F8F. I will attach a screenshot. I have tried resetting the...
  9. Can't download apps from microsoft store!

Can't download apps from microsoft store!: Recently I have installed <Your Phone App> app on my android device and it requires <Your Phone> app same in my Microsoft computer and I opened Microsoft store and when I choose any app or game after a few seconds the Microsoft Store get close automatically so I can't...
  10. Can't download apps from Microsoft Store

Can't download apps from Microsoft Store: I am unable to download the Fitbit app from the Microsoft store. When I am trying to download it and click on ‘get app’ a blue screen shows up for a few seconds and then vanishes. That’s it. I tried to download a different app but nothing changed. So the issue isn’t with...