Windows 10: Can't open files with xrays on CD-R

Discus and support Can't open files with xrays on CD-R in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a CD-R from my doctor that has copies of my xrays but they are just showing as Type "File" and I can't open them. Any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DB1122, Sep 4, 2018.

1. DB1122 Win User

Can't open files with xrays on CD-R

I have a CD-R from my doctor that has copies of my xrays but they are just showing as Type "File" and I can't open them. Any suggestions?

:)

DB1122, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Breaz Win User

cd r not reading

My mother in law burned a cd r of a bunch of pictures from her camera about three months ago before deleting the camera card she made sure the pics where on the cd. a couple of weeks ago one of her best friends passed away (health complication). So for the viewing she wanted to get some pics from the cd but.....

every time we put in the cd the tray opens up again and it say's please insert a cd....
    so I brought it home and tried in my laptop nothing doesn't even open or say anything.
    In my pc it also opens back up and says please insert a cd.

The cd is new never been used and I can see where the data has been written onto the cd it's about 1/3 full.

I asked if she closed the cd and she had.

I'm at a lose what the heck??? any suggestions other then keeping multiple backups I have already talked to her about multiple backs.

Thanks

Breaz, Sep 4, 2018
  3. add music to CD-R but wont play on CD player

If you open the cd and see the files are they still .mp3?

You need to burn them with a program such as nero, itunes, WMP, that will encode it into an "audio cd" format.

A regular "mp3" cd will play in some cd players, but not most. (Mp3 cd is prettymuch just the data files burnt directly to the cd)

Mp3 you get the raw digital storage size of 100mb, but an audio cd will fit ~10-15songs per cd.

Dippyskoodlez, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't open files with xrays on CD-R - Similar Threads - Can't open files

2. Can't download MP3 files onto rewritable CD-R, 700MB disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download MP3 files onto rewritable CD-R, 700MB disc: I am unable to download MP3 files onto a rewriteable disc because it says the file is too large 14,000 to 15,000 KB even though I've done it before having been able to download several of those MP3 files onto one disc. Any help in this regard would be much appreciated....
  3. CD-R Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD-R Name: Is anyone able to confirm if only a blank CD-R will ask for a name before burning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-r-name/28f9423b-f4eb-4edf-8e05-ec2df3983b96
  4. CD-R Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD-R Name: Is anyone able to confirm if only a blank CD-R will ask for a name before burning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-r-name/28f9423b-f4eb-4edf-8e05-ec2df3983b96
  5. CD-R in CD player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD-R in CD player: If a CD-R has a jpeg and an audio file saved on it then will a standard CD player be able to recognise the audio track and play it?Not sure if the CD-R has been saved as a data or as audio. How would I be able to find this out?...
  6. CD-R in CD player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD-R in CD player: If a CD-R has a jpeg and an audio file saved on it then will a standard CD player be able to recognise the audio track and play it?Not sure if the CD-R has been saved as a data or as audio. How would I be able to find this out?...
  7. CD-R

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD-R: Not sure if I should post this here but how would I format a write-protected CD-R on windows 10 every method I tried failed? 175782
  8. Can't write or format CD-R on Win 10

Can't write or format CD-R on Win 10: I see lots of others withe the same problem but no solution. I tried uninstalling the drive and re-booting, also updating driver and troubleshooting. No help --same on all three of my laptops. The CD drives can read files fine, but when I insert a blank CD-R windows says...
  9. erase file of of cd r/w disk

erase file of of cd r/w disk: I am not able to erase a file off of a r/w disk. It shows the erase icon on the manage cd, but it won't let you do it for some reason. Thanks for any help you can offer....
  10. Formatting a CD-R

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formatting a CD-R: so i have this compilation of cd's, mostly cd-r, most are blank and recognized on windows as labeled, the cd-r however, they can be used as "usb drive" aswell like cd-rw drives, will this mean i can manually extract an iso system image and use it to install an os? submitted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open CD-R XRAYS