Windows 10: Can't open folders and control panel.

Discus and support Can't open folders and control panel. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't open folders, or right click them... when i try to do it the screen goes blank for a few seconds then all my icons refresh and nothing else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ebildude, May 17, 2017.

1. ebildude Win User

Can't open folders and control panel.

I can't open folders, or right click them... when i try to do it the screen goes blank for a few seconds then all my icons refresh and nothing else happens.

I tried to change the size of my "text, apps and other items" to 125% and 100% ( i had 100% when this started to happen ) and it does not work...

Also this is likely not a virus since i tried using 3 anti-viruses to get ride of it and my base program is karspersky ( wich is pretty good as far as i know )

The control panel dosent work either wich makes things a lot harder since i use it a lot...

Can anyone help plz ?

:)

ebildude, May 17, 2017
  2. John Ado Win User

Can't open control panel

Hi,

We want to learn more about your concern. Are there any changes that were made to your computer? In the mean time, let's do an SFC scan. Press
    Windows key + X and select Command Promt (Admin). Type
    sfc<space>/scannow then press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

John Ado, May 17, 2017
  3. jukra1023 Win User
    I can't open anything: control panel, add/remove programs, command prompt, etc.

I noticed that nothing was working when I was trying to show hidden folders. My "user" folder on my C drive has 110GB of data in it even though it's basically empty. I then noticed that I can't open literally anything within the control panel or the control
    panel itself. I can't open the command prompt. I have no clue what's going on.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

jukra1023, May 17, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this sounds like a conflicting shell extension causing explorer to crash. You may learn more from your Reliability History (type Reli in Cortana's search bar and explore any red crosses).

Download and run shellexview (free); hide all MS extensions, disable all others and see if the problem disappears. (And note the 32 bt option may expose more).

Note this may not disable all shell extensions- if not try e.g. Glary Utilities and its context menu manager.

If the problem disappears, enable extensions singly or in groups (no log off needed) and find the culprit.

dalchina, May 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't open folders and control panel. - Similar Threads - Can't open folders

2. Control Panel not openning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel not openning: Hello i can't open cotrol paneli have this errorException EAccessViolation in module UninistallExplorer.dll at 02D36EB0Access violation at 02D37EB0. write of address 02D37EB0...
  3. I can't open nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open nvidia control panel: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\nvidiacorp.nvidiacontrolpanel_8.1.964.0_x64__56jybvy8sckqj\nvcplui.exe The parameter is incorrectWhen i go look for the file the whole WindowsApps folder is missing as well. I have already tried uninstalling the control panel and installing it...
  4. error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.: I can't open Control PanelWhen i try open Control Panel, windows show this error message:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. To help keep your data safe, the location is blocked.and link of Learn more is not working...
  5. error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.: I can't open Control PanelWhen i try open Control Panel, windows show this error message:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. To help keep your data safe, the location is blocked.and link of Learn more is not working...
  6. Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items': When i try to open control panel, windows show this error:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. You organization has restricted it.also, i can't open appwiz.cpl even after change permission in property->securitythis problem was maked in around 2023 February...
  7. Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'

Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items': When i try to open control panel, windows show this error:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. You organization has restricted it.also, i can't open appwiz.cpl even after change permission in property->securitythis problem was maked in around 2023 February...
  8. Control Panel will not open

Control Panel will not open: Hey there, I cannot open my control panel. I go to Start and click, input "Control Panel" in the search box. The Control Panel Icon appears in the "Best Match" column and in the right hand pane next to it. Nothing happens when the icon is selected though. When I hover over...
  9. Control Panel not opening

Control Panel not opening: I recently updated my preview build to 22h22262.586 and ever since then control panel isnt opening, even if i click uninstall on a program which opens control panel isnt working. only way to open control panel is to go to "C:\Windows\System32\appwiz.cpl".PLS HELP, i dont want...
  10. Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.: For some reason when i go to control panel and click on Uninstall a program nothing happens. I restarted my PC and the problems still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-uninstall-a-program-in-control-panel/06f37371-74b3-45a5-9092-8df42687f92f