Windows 10: can't open folders via right click off the taskbar

Discus and support can't open folders via right click off the taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just got Windows 10 installed, and the first problem I'm having is that I can't get the folders in my taskbar to open either by regular click, or by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wengang1, Aug 9, 2015.

1. wengang1 Win User

can't open folders via right click off the taskbar

I just got Windows 10 installed, and the first problem I'm having is that I can't get the folders in my taskbar to open either by regular click, or by right click and selecting "Open". The exception is File Explorer which works by default clicking the folder icon, or by right clicking the taskbar icon and selecting it either by click or right-click-open. The rest of the folders, ones I pinned and ones that are there as frequent folders, just sit there and do nothing when clicked on. I tried a restart, turned off a lot of the apps that start with my computer, but still not opening files. It's slowing down my work to have to go through the file explorer each time. Does anybody know the cause/cure?

Thanks.

:)

wengang1, Aug 9, 2015

2. Pin Folder to Taskbar

I'm not having any luck in pinning a folder to the taskbar. I have one folder pinned there but can't seem to duplicate it.

I select the folder in file explorer, right click and select "pin to start". Then, I should be able to go to start, right click the folder and select "pin to taskbar" but that isn't an option. I get unpin, resize and open as three choices.

I tried dragging the folder but that didn't work. The taskbar is unlocked if that matters. Was this removed as an option?

MichaelGerbasio, Aug 9, 2015
  3. TheAraty Win User
    Can't open pinned files and folders from taskbar

Files are in the same location as they were before. unpinning and pinning them does nothing, but they can be opened by manually finding them in folders. You can't even open programs on taskbar by clicking them right and then click on their name.

TheAraty, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Do you have any software installed that modifies the Context (right click) Menu or changes the Windows Theme?

Ztruker, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. can't open folders via right click off the taskbar - Similar Threads - can't open folders

2. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create new folder by right click: Hi Team,whenever I try to create a new folder on left click, I am not getting the option to create a new folder, instead the option there is to create compressed folder. I applied the steps mentioned in...
  3. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't create new folder by right click: Hi Team,whenever I try to create a new folder on left click, I am not getting the option to create a new folder, instead the option there is to create compressed folder. I applied the steps mentioned in...
  4. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't right click taskbar: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  5. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't right click taskbar: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  6. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. taskbar unresponsive, can't right click on it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar unresponsive, can't right click on it: I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed, the task bar is unresponsive when I log in and I'm unable to access settings, Please help me submitted by /u/thebodmon [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't right click anything in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't right click anything in taskbar: Following an update I had a few days ago, I can no longer right click anything on my taskbar. It still seems to register that I am right clicking on those icons, as the icon lights up as though I had right clicked on it, but there is no other interaction. submitted by...
  9. Right click will not open new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click will not open new folder: When I right click to open a new folder the new tab will not open and locks the screen I can open a new folder from the top right of folder screen. sorry I am not too good at this any ideas please 127496
  10. Can't right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right click taskbar icons: I can't right click taskbar apps, left click works as it should but not the right click. Also left clicking start button won't open start menu, right click works on this one as it works on other system icons (volume, network, clock and notification) but not the left click....