Windows 10: Can't Open Google Chrome on Administrator Account

Discus and support Can't Open Google Chrome on Administrator Account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am only able to open it on my standard account. This has happened before, but it usually corrects itself, but not this time. How can I correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Leo'smum, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Leo'smum Win User

Can't Open Google Chrome on Administrator Account

Hi

I am only able to open it on my standard account. This has happened before, but it usually corrects itself, but not this time.

How can I correct this permanently?

:)

Leo'smum, Oct 18, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

User account control pop-up when running Google Chrome

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could be because Google Chrome is set to Run as administrator that is why you get the User Account Control pop-up every time you open Google Chrome. We can change the settings to Run Google Chrome as normal and check if that helps.

Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on Google Chrome shortcut on Desktop and select
      Properties.
    2. Click on Compatibility tab.
    3. Clear the check box for Run as
      administrator.
    4. Click on Apply and OK.
    5. Open Google Chrome and check.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 18, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Can't Open Google Chrome on Administrator Account

Google Chromed Saved Accounts.

Is there any plugin or a xml file that when you open that it will have your saved accounts without like re-logging into websites and stuff?

It should be for google chrome and if possible for firefox answell.

I am looking for something similar if you know feel free to tell!

Thanks.

TheUninvited, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Can't Open Google Chrome on Administrator Account

1. Can't Open Google Chrome on Administrator Account - Similar Threads - Can't Open Google

2. Google Chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome will not open: I just got this Laptop and with Windows 11 I tried to download Google Chrome it installed but would not open for me to set up. Whenever I click on the icon nothing happens...
  3. Google Chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome will not open: I just got this Laptop and with Windows 11 I tried to download Google Chrome it installed but would not open for me to set up. Whenever I click on the icon nothing happens...
  4. google chrome is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    google chrome is not opening: the application has failed to start because it side-by-side configuration is incorrect.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-is-not-opening/a3cdf030-932d-47ff-b600-126b74d92256
  5. Google Chrome not not Opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome not not Opening: I use Google Chrome for a lot of things and I can't get on because it won't let me. Every time I click on Chrome to open, it doesn't open. I have tried every method ranging from YouTube videos to comments like these and nothing seems to be working. Can anyone of you reply to...
  6. i can't open google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i can't open google chrome: why I can't open google chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-google-chrome/b33a7559-c85e-40fd-8ddb-81304822b285
  7. google chrome will not open

google chrome will not open: My google chrome will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/e7e33c03-3800-48fe-ae99-bd241f75b1c0
  8. google chrome will not open

google chrome will not open: Restarted my computer and now Google Chrome will not open up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/ac556932-f95f-4c55-887f-dbe4c5984b43
  9. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome will not open: Google chrome will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/5daf90aa-2128-4caf-9296-d3470efb3b3b
  10. Can't open google chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't open google chrome: Hi ! So I connected my xbox account to the pc to see how it goes( I have a child account on xbox so I had to give an adult account to play the games ) and the next day I can't open Google Chrome. It says "Ask for permission". I looked on youtube, google, haven't found...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google chrome cant be opened in adminstrator login

2. i cant open google chrome because of microsoft account