Windows 10: Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error

Discus and support Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My gpedit.msc won't open because I have some sort of Goup Policy Error. I have tried fixing the issue by using secpol. There is also no files in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JJTerblanche, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error

My gpedit.msc won't open because I have some sort of Goup Policy Error. I have tried fixing the issue by using secpol.

There is also no files in my Group Policy file in system 32

:)

JJTerblanche, Sep 16, 2018
  2. joheb ali Win User

gpedit group policy does not working

Starting gpedit from start>run>gpedit.msc, the Group Policy Window opens, but I get the following error in the right hand window:

MMC could not create the snap-in

MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly

Name: Group Policy Object Editor

CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}

Please advise on how to fix the problem

Thanks

Mike.

joheb ali, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error

Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error

1. Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error - Similar Threads - Can't open gpedit

2. Gpedit Google Group Policy Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gpedit Google Group Policy Question: I am just a regular home user and I am a tech novice. I know nothing about the computer. And I am using an regular windows 10 pro. I don't know what domain-joined or MDM-managed computers are. And I do not want to know either. So plz don't tell me anything about them. All I...
  3. Gpedit Google Group Policy Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gpedit Google Group Policy Question: I am just a regular home user and I am a tech novice. I know nothing about the computer. And I am using an regular windows 10 pro. I don't know what domain-joined or MDM-managed computers are. And I do not want to know either. So plz don't tell me anything about them. All I...
  4. Gpedit Google Group Policy Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. gpedit Group Policy Editor isn't found in Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gpedit Group Policy Editor isn't found in Windows 11...: Hello, I want to run gpedit.msc on Windows 11, but it isn't found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-group-policy-editor-isnt-found-in-windows/0aae2cec-8c1e-4179-886d-24178e9df6c1
  6. gpedit Group Policy Editor isn't found in Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gpedit Group Policy Editor isn't found in Windows 11...: Hello, I want to run gpedit.msc on Windows 11, but it isn't found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-group-policy-editor-isnt-found-in-windows/0aae2cec-8c1e-4179-886d-24178e9df6c1
  7. Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy)

in Browsers and Email
    Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy): Hi forum I want to disable two Edge policies below, but I can't find anything in GPEdit (Group Policy)! Any help? (Current Edge version : 91.0.864.37 Stable x64) Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation | Microsoft Docs Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation |...
  8. No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT: Hello, I'm not sure how or when this happened, but I've lost the ability to filter policies in the Local Group Policy Editor. There is no button for filtering nor an option in the Action menu. Please see the picture below. [ATTACH] How can I restore the option to filter...
  9. Can't update (due to group policies?)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update (due to group policies?): I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Each day I get a message that updates failed, with a 'Some settings are managed by your organization' message. I found a "fix" online that requires the use of gpedit.msc, but when I tried to run that I got a message...
  10. group policy error

in Windows 10 Support
    group policy error: I Setup a new PC for a friend on Saturday 28/11/15 Brand new desktop with Windows 10 Setup using a local Admin Account 2 days later - message appears on starting up (after the login prompt) "Windows could not connect to the Group Policy Client service. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open gpedit group policz error